CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, March 4, 2010

"Hurry Do It...I'll Time You"

I am guessing Jacob just goes through these crazy phases. Lately he has been rebellious. Not bad as in I can't take him not listening to me, rebellious as in when I ask him to do something I have to keep telling him to do it many times before he actually does it. Well I thought of a smart way to get him to do what I want. HaHa...yey me! "Jacob go brush your teeth." , "NO!" Turned into: "Jacob go brush your teeth...HURRY DO IT...I'LL TIME YOU!" , "Ok, start counting now" (while he takes off running to do whatever it is I have asked him to do) Then I count out loud (so he can hear how long it takes him to do the task) until he comes back to me. He just gets a kick out of how "fast" he does something. Sweet! So far so good! Each time he tries to do the task faster than the time before. He gets so excited...who knew someone would get such a kick out of numbers! Now he even likes to time me and we race to see who does things first...such a boy, so competitive! As long as he is doing what I ask! I'm sure eventually he will grow tired of this "counting game" but I sure am living it up while it last!

No comments: