CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's & Baseball Season In Full Swing

On Friday I stopped at the florist and picked up 7 single red roses. 4 for the ladies in the front office at Jacob's school 3 for his 3 teachers. We walked into school and Jacob hands a rose to each lady and said "Happy Valentine's Day!" they all hugged him...too sweet! My sister & I took Jacob & Madelyn to their classes and headed to the bakery to pick up Jacob's cupcakes for his party. We then headed back to the florist to pick up some "surprise" flowers for my mom. We went back to the kid's school and stayed for their Valentine's parties. Super cute! When we left the parties we called my mom and told her we were going to take her out to lunch and we would call her when we were outside her work. Well we didn't call...instead we headed up to her office with our dozen roses and 2 purple iris (her favorite...1 to represent Jacob & 1 to represent Madelyn). She was so surprised! We headed off to lunch and then dropped her back off. My sister & I did some shopping for my new house...so fun...and then headed back to pick up the kids. We went back to my sister's house and made some Valentine's cookies...yumm! We watched the opening of the Winter Olympics and headed home. On Saturday we had a lazy day and just cleaned up and did some laundry. Jacob had his first T-Ball practice and we were so excited!
On Sunday we woke up early and Ruben & I gave Jacob his Valentine gift (a bunch of Toy Story things) and then Ruben took Jacob & I to a Valentine's breakfast...love it! After breakfast we headed to Acedemy to get some T-Ball gear and then headed to my sister's to give Madelyn her Valentine gift and for her to give Jacob his. We headed home to rest a bit and then since it was such a nice day Ruben decided to take a ride on his motorcycle and Jacob & I headed off to the movies to see "The Tooth fairy" it was so cute. We both loved it. When we got out we headed home and picked up Ruben and headed to my moms for dinner. We had a simple but great Valentine's day!
Yesterday I had my first Team Mom meeting. They sure did give a ton of info. I am so excited. I can't wait for opening day...I have a lot of work to do before then. We have practice tonight on my parent's land so I have to get some info together for all the parents. I love baseball season...this is my time of year!!

No comments: