CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, January 29, 2010

"I Think God Just Got A Strike"

I am off on Fridays and I usually take Jacob to school and come home and do laundry, clean up, and get groceries. Well today was a little different. This whole week I have had a sore throat and congestion. I told Ruben that I would keep Jacob home with me today so I could sleep in and I knew the weather was going to be bad & didn't want to go out in the rain. Well Ruben wakes up and leaves for work at 5:00 a.m. and Jacob heard him and got into bed with me. We fall back asleep and Jacob keeps waking up because of all the loud thunder. I was always told to tell little kids not to be scared of thunder because it was just God bowling. So I tell Jacob that and he just thinks it is the funniest thing ever (since he loves to bowl to). It calms him down and he closes his eyes and tries to go back to sleep. Just then this loud thunder came that even rattled the windows and Jacob shot up and said...
"Did you hear that...I think God just got a strike!"
We both just burst out laughing...it was just too funny! I tried not to laugh so much considering it was 6:30 a.m. and I wanted to go back to sleep but we both just couldn't stop laughing. So needless to say I have been up since then cleaning and still not feeling well. At least I have a little helper to help me feel better. He is seriously the funniest kid I have ever met...I couldn't even make up the stuff he says...it's unreal! Love him!

No comments: