CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow, Christmas Parade & Shopping

What an amazing weekend!!! First on Friday it snowed...for the 2nd year in a row!! I had Madelyn & Jacob with me since their school closed early and I didn't have to work so we played all day taking breaks from the cold...I didn't want them to get sick. Madelyn didn't know what to do with the snow...it was pretty funny. Jacob loved throwing snow balls at me. I didn't get very many pictures because Madelyn wanted me to hold her cause she wasn't a fan of the snow. Here are a couple.
After playing in the snow all day, when Ruben got home, he drove us over to my parents house. We had dinner there & Jacob and I spent the night. (Ruben has finals this week & needed to really study...so it was goodbye to Jacob & I). We watched movies with my parents and then headed to bed. In the morning we got ready and we were all off to the craft sale at my church. I found a couple of really cute ornaments and a couple of bows for Madelyn. We stopped for lunch and then headed home. We took a nap at home and then got ready...Jacob & I were going to be on my church's float in Pearland's Christmas Parade. We were so excited! It was cold but we layered up & were ready to go. We waited at Presner Stadium to pick up Glor & Aaron and we were off to wait at the church. Then come to find out our float was all the way on Pearland Parkway and Oiler Drive so Ruben had to go and drop us off at Independence Park. We found our float and we were ready to go. It was so much fun!! Everyone on the float had a blast! The parade ended at Presner Stadium and thankfully we had Gloria's car there waiting or who knows how long we would have had to wait. I can't wait until we get to do it again next year!

On Sunday Jacob & I got ready and my mom & sister came to pick us up. We headed to the outlet mall in Cypress to do a little Christmas shopping. I went to Osh'kosh (love that store) and got everything I needed to all the little kids I buy for. 7 kids off the list. Now I am about 80% done with my Christmas shopping...just a couple of more people. We then went to the Coach store and my sister & I got to each pick out a purse as our Christmas gift from my mom & dad...sweet! I love love love the one I got! Thank you Mom & Dad!!! After all day of shopping it was time to head home. Ruben got a lot of studying done and Jacob & I had an awesome weekend. I still can't believe how much it snowed...amazing!!

No comments: