CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgivng, A Gash, & A Whole Lot Of Fun

Well Thanksgiving has come & gone & I have to say it was bitter sweet. Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE holiday but not being with my family really didn't put me in the Thanksgiving mood. Of course I was thankful to have Ruben & Jacob but I really missed my parents and have never not spent a Thanksgiving with them. We had Thanksgiving at Ruben's parents house. We stuffed our faces and then Ruben, Jacob & I went outside and played a little football and rode Jacob's bike. He is doing really well! Shouldn't be long until we take off his training wheels...scary thought! We spent the rest of the night watching movies. Friday we hung around the house all day and I did some major cleaning. My mom & I are having a garage sale this weekend & I went through Jacob's room taking toys and clothes out. He was a good sport about it (thank you God) and helped me by telling me what toys he didn't play with anymore and which toys he wanted to keep. I still have to finish Ruben & mine room but I was happy to at least get Jacob's room done. That night when I was taking a shower I needed to shave because I was going to go get a pedi the next afternoon with Ruben's mom & sister. So I am shaving and I nick my knee on my right leg...boy did it sting!! Blood was gushing out of it and I put pressure on it and it finally stopped. On to my left leg. I get to the back of my leg and I don't know what happened...but I just feel a terrible sting. I look at my razor and see my skin just dangling from it. I look down at my leg and it is just bleeding. I almost passed out. I screamed for Ruben to bring me another towel and some gauze. He freaks out and hates what has just happened as he sees the blood going through the towel I wrapped around my leg. The gash is about 5 inches long...it was horrible. We get it all cleaned up and wrapped up. Man did that suck!! So I tell his mom I and going to need to cancel my pedi cause I was scared it would get infected with some of the stuff they use when giving pedi's...bummer! I decide my leg is ok and has stopped bleeding by the morning to go to my weight and ab class with Glor. What a work out...I love that class! I kept checking my leg making sure I wasn't bleeding and thankfully it didn't bleed during the class. After the gym I went to my mom's and cleaned out my old room & Jacob's room to throw stuff away or put it for the garage sale. Glor came over and so did my sister...thankgoodness...I needed company or else I never would have finished. That night I helped my mom get their Christmas tree and some other decorations out from the attic. We put up and decorated her tree...it looks beautiful! We had a lot of fun putting it up. It's our tradition...my mom & I always put up her Christmas tree. I love it! So image taking an hour weight and ab class starting at 8:30 a.m. and then cleaning pretty much non stop from 10:00 a.m. till about 5:00 p.m. and then climbing up and down an attic ladder carrying things until about 9:00 p.m. I was exhausted! About 12 hours non stop! Lets just say I was pretty sore when I woke up on Sunday! On Sunday Jacob & I, my mom, sister, brother in law & Madelyn all went to Incredible Pizza. We had a blast! Jacob & I rode the go karts and raced my sister & brother in law...we won! You should have heard Jacob laughing...he loved it! We played games and had lots of pizza. We headed home and hung out the rest of the night. I sure was tired! Poor Ruben had to spend the whole weekend studying for his Calculus test he has tonight...pray he does well! I hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving surrounded by their loved ones!

No comments: