CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Addition

OK time to brag a little. I am always proud of Jacob but this probably has to take the cake. Jacob knows how to do addition. 4 years old & this boy is learning addition. BTW...I love, love, love Primrose & his teacher Mrs. Walsh! She is amazing...she has been teaching for over 20 years and God blessed us with her. When we had a parent/teacher conference a few weeks back she told us by the end of the school year she would have introduced the kids to money, fractions, and simple math. Ruben & I were kind of just left with our mouths open to the floor. Amazing. Jacob is in Pre-K but they are learning at a Kindergarten curriculum. One of Ruben's classes that he took this semester was calculus...lots of numbers. Jacob always sees Ruben doing his homework and always wants to do homework too. Ruben writes out numbers or words and Jacob writes and repeats them. Well the other day he said, "I know how to add!" Ruben was like "What?" So he asked him, "What is 5 + 4?" Jacob thought a second and shouted "9". OMG! Then he asked him, "What is 7 + 3?" Jacob thought a second and said "10" So this went on for a while with Ruben asking him simple addition questions and he got just about all of them right. I couldn't believe it! He is learning so much at such a young age...it's incredible! We pay a lot for his tuition but it is so worth it. I still can't believe he will be starting Kindergarten next year...now the question is should we keep him at Primrose for Kindergarten or start him at private school. Ugh...a big burden on my shoulders. I stress about this all the time...more than I should...but I just want Jacob to have the best, as all mothers do. I have a few more months to decide so I guess I should not stress it....yet!

No comments: