CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Concert, Cookies, 4 Christmas's & A New Tradition

My Internet at work has been down since last Thursday...boo! I have been busy just about everyday after work so here is an update:
Wednesday night was Jacob's Christmas concert at school. He was front row right strait in the middle. I was so excited...I had a front row seat and my camera ready to go. Background on Jacob: he is actually a shy boy in front of people, at home a wild child. If he doesn't know you he is usually stand backish until he feels comfortable then he is all about showing off for you. I was expecting him to be the kid that played with his hands or fiddled with his pockets at the concert...boy was I wrong. He sang loud and was so happy to be there. I was thrilled!!! He did amazing...all of his class did! They sand 3 songs and had some dance moves...I cried pretty much through it all. My little man isn't so little anymore. We then headed to a friend's house to drop off some Christmas gifts. We went home and called it a night.

Thursday we had our MDO party that was full of some yummy food! We had a gift exchange and sent the kids "letters from Santa" you should have seen their faces...they couldn't believe Santa wrote to them...it was priceless. That night we headed to Hobby Lobby to find Jacob's teachers Christmas gifts. We found all 3 of them beautiful iron crosses.
Friday I dropped off Jacob at school and met up with my sister to run a couple of errands before we went to Jacob & Madelyn's Christmas party at school. They played Christmas games and had their book exchange. After the party my sister & I headed to the outlet mall in Cypress to find my mom's Christmas present. We found her a Coach purse and my sister bought me some Coach shoes and Coach umbrella...I have to act surprised. Hahaha...we always tell each other what we buy one another. Always have and probably always will. We picked the kids up and headed home.
Saturday my sister had to work so she brought Madelyn over to my house around 8:00 a.m. We played and got ready to go to a friend's birthday party. We left the party early because Madelyn was being the diva that she is and I had enough. We went to my mom's house and I helped her bake cookies for her cookie trays. I was having fun until I burned my hand really bad. Hot cookie sheets are never fun to touch...I tell Ruben it's my battle wound. He just laughs at me. Ruben came over to my mom's and we had dinner and then Jacob stayed with my parents and Ruben & I went out to the town center to get some last minute gifts...I am so so so happy we got everyone finished!! We picked up Jacob and headed home. Jacob went to sleep and Ruben & I stayed up and watched The Hangover...we bought it cause we heard it was so funny...they were right...we couldn't stop laughing. Love it!
Sunday we lounged around the house until it was time to go and have an early Christmas with Ruben's aunt and cousins that will be going out of town over Christmas. We had a good time. 1 Christmas down 3 more to go!
Monday I was off and I did some quick running around and then I went home to finish Ruben's present. It came out awesome!! I picked up Jacob and then headed to my mom's so I could show it to her. We ended up staying for dinner and it was time to head home.
Tuesday was work (Ruben's last day before being off until January4) and errands after and then home to change quickly then headed to dinner for my friend Angela's birthday.
Wednesday (today) is my last day of work until January 4th!! Whoooo Hooo! Today we will have our 2nd Christmas with my friend Angela and her family. Ang & I have been friends since like 1st grade and our families have become close...they are my second family. We usually get together and have an early Christmas together and just hang out eating pizza and junk food...makes it fun! So I can't wait for that!
Tomorrow we will have Christmas Eve with Ruben's family (3rd Christmas) and then spend Christmas with my family (4th Christmas). I am also really looking forward to a new Christmas tradition we will be having with my family. I ordered a cake that says "Happy Birthday Jesus" and we have a song that is just beautiful also called "Happy Birthday Jesus" that we will sing before we cut the cake. Jesus is the reason for the season. It should be a fun tradition to start with Jacob and Madelyn.
Hope everyone has a blessed Christmas filled with lots of love, family and blessings from the good God above!!

No comments: