CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010

I still can not believe that another year has gone by and it is now 2010. Monday and today have been a little bit of rough mornings...none of us have wanted to wake up and get moving after being off for 11 days. We had a nice time off even though we didn't go anywhere. We did things around town just to have some fun and keep busy. We took Jacob to the movies, went to the park, hung out with my family, and house hunted. It was a nice and much needed break. Our Christmas was great! We had Christmas Eve with Ruben's parents and then opened gifts Christmas morning and then headed to my parents house to spend Christmas day with my family. Jacob got tons and tons to things...spoiled boy! He got basically every Toy Story character, Hot Wheels, trains, clothes, you name he probably got it. Seeing his face on Christmas morning when he saw that Santa ate his cookies and left him presents was amazing to see. I think this was the first year he really understood and could appreciate it. I told Ruben that seeing Jacob's face full of excitement that "Santa" knew what toys he wanted and watched him be a good boy and stopped by his house to bring him presents was almost magical. It's a shame that one day Jacob will loose that innocence and learn it all wasn't real. I will hate when that day comes. I never want him to loose any type of hope. I guess it's all part of growing up.

We didn't do much for New Years, just had dinner at my mom's, played some games and then headed home and watched the ball drop on T.V. we were probably asleep by 12:30 a.m. We're boring but that's ok by me. I was with my family and safe...that's all that matters. I do have a couple of New Year's resolutions:
1. Continue to work out, notice I didn't say loose weight, I know loosing weight comes from working out but I am not concerned with the amount of pounds I loose but I want to just feel good.
2. Learn how to be more patient.
3. Stop speeding, this comes with being on time. I apparently suck at being on time. I need to stop procrastinating and be where I need to be on time.
4. Go to church more, I have been slacking and need to start going again on a regular basis.
5. Try out all the things I have visions of doing and actually try/do them.
6. Just try to all around be a better mom, partner, daughter, sister, employee, friend, citizen. I have been given many blessings and I should never take anything for granted.

No comments: