CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, November 23, 2009

Strong As An Ox, Stubborn As A Mule

On Wednesday night we all went to Jacob & Madelyn's Thanksgiving dinner at school. It was a blast & of course I was super excited to be having turkey. We ate & visited with their teachers and then headed home.

Thursday at MDO we had a Thanksgiving feast and each teacher brought a side & one of our Pre-K teachers brought a turkey...are you kidding me...you know I was in heaven. It was delicious! Glor & I headed to they gym after work...we needed it after the big lunch we just had. It was worth it! On Friday morning I dropped Jacob off at school and met up with Glor again at the gym. (We are feeling pretty good that we have been motivated) We had a great workout and then I headed home to do some cleaning & laundry. I then went and ran some errands and picked up Jacob from school. We meet Ruben at home and he got ready and we were off to the movies to see Planet 51. We met my sister, brother in law & Madelyn there. It was really cute movie & Jacob loved it. We picked up Pei Wei on the way home and had a relaxing night. On Saturday morning I got up early & got Jacob & I ready....we were heading to they gym...my sister, Glor & I decided to be brave and take a weight & cardio class. We dropped the kids off at the Kids Klub and did a short warm up. The class started at 8:30 a.m. and we were ready to go. 1 hour full of weight training and lots of cardio! Ahh! Boy did she work us! I really liked the class! We were dripping sweat by the class end. I knew we were going to be sore the next day...for sure! We headed home and I started to get ready...we had a birthday party to go to.
This is how my weekend was supposed to go:
Saturday: gym then birthday party
Sunday: my mom was making me an early Thanksgiving dinner
Here is how my weekend went:
Saturday: gym then got a call from my sister after we got home from the gym that she wasn't going to go to the birthday party. I ask why and she starts crying. She said that my mom had taken my dad to the emergency room and that something was wrong with his heart. My heart fell. That is my dad! He is the strongest man I know. Nothing is every wrong with him. This must be serious for him to want to go to the er. I start crying and Ruben runs to me to see what is wrong. He tells me to hurry up and get ready and we would go pick up my sister and head to the er. Ruben's dad comes to stay with Jacob and we are off to my sisters. We get there & I walk in first. I start crying because I cant bear to see my dad hooked up to all these machines. He starts crying and all I could do was hug him. It broke my heart...what I would have done to trade places with him. The Dr.'s said he had an irregular heart beat and they would need to transfer him to St. Luke's Hospital so they could give him meds that would thin his blood (so he wouldn't get blood clots) and to help make his heart pump regular. They said they would need to take him by ambulance but my dad had other plans. He said he was going to go eat at Cracker Barrel and then head to the hospital...the EMS just kinds laughed at him and said, "Sorry Sir, you need to ride in the ambulance." My dad is stubborn as a mule!! We follow the ambulance to the hospital where they put my dad in a private room (thank goodness...he would have drove the other patient crazy). Ruben went home and my sister and I stayed with my parents. I just kept praying to God how thankful I was he didn't take my dad. I couldn't go on living without my dad. He is my hero, my family, the person I look up to most in this whole world. My dad made so many sacrifices so my mom, sister & I could have everything & anything we wanted. He would miss my dance recitals cause he was working so he could build us a brand new house. He loves to build houses...he is about to start on my parents 3rd house...for what...they have a beautiful house...he just has to always be doing something...he never slows down. They told him he would have to stay in the hospital until Wednesday to make sure the meds were working right and that his heart was beating regular and just kept thinking he was going to leave early...sorry Dad...that's not how it works. On Sunday I took Jacob to the park for a bit and then we headed home for a nap. I watched Madelyn so my sister & brother in law could see my dad. I am hoping I will go today. This was not how my weekend was planned but I am just so thankful that my Dad is going to be ok. That is what I am most thankful for this Thanksgiving!

No comments: