CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's Like His 6th Sense...

Jacob, Jacob, Jacob! Apparently I have a snoop for a son. On Monday I went to Target during my lunch to find a birthday present that I needed for this weekend. I was in the toy section looking for the gift and noticed that they had some of the Toy Story toys that Jacob has been asking for Christmas. He loves Toy Story! So far we have gotten him the talking Buzz and talking pull string Woody. I found the remote control RC, aliens, the bank pig, and Mr. Potato Head so I decided to buy them. (All we need is Rex but I need to head to Toys R Us for that) So I check out and the lady puts all of his toys into a bag and the birthday gift was too big for a bag so I just carried it out. I got into the car and just put everything in the backseat. I pick up Jacob from school and he sees the birthday gift...it's for a girl...so he just asks if it's for Madelyn. I say no its for the birthday party and then he drops it. Whew...he didn't notice the bag with his toys in it. We are almost home when I hear him say, "Mommy, what's in the other bag...is it for me?" "No Jacob, it's things for just Mommy!" He drops it and whew again! We get into the house and he asks for a snack. Sure. I put the bag and my purse down and get him a snack. What do I hear? Jacob going through the bag! He tricked me!!!! He pulls out the RC and yells that race cars are only for boys...not MOMMIES! Just then Ruben walks in and wants to start playing with the toys too...2 kids here! I tell them no, it's for Christmas...that didn't go over so well! I finally won the battle by asking Jacob to help me wrap the presents so he could open them on Christmas. So as of right now he has 4 presents already wrapped and he tells everyone about them..."Guess what my mommy bought me!" We already are counting down till Christmas cause he just can't wait! He has no concept of time right now so here is how the conversations go:
Jacob: "Mommy, how many more days until Christmas?"
Me: "About 38 more days"
Jacob: "No, I think it's like in 20 minutes"
If only that were true. He is funny to watch when he watches t.v. He will be sitting down and as soon as the toy commercials come on he jumps up and puts his hands together and says:
"Dear Santa, I really really want that toy. Amen."
Haha! It is hilarious to hear! Bless him...at least he says Amen at the end. If the toys is for girls he then says:
"Dear Santa, that is a girl toy, please give that to Madelyn, Amen."
He is very thoughtful when it comes to his cousin, Madelyn. I hope she appreciates it when she is older. So from now on I will have to do better at hiding the rest presents so he doesn't find them.
Today we are going to Jacob's school Thanksgiving dinner. I am so excited. My parents are coming with me since Ruben can't miss school tonight...he is pretty bummed about it. My sister and brother in law will be eating with Madelyn...her first thanksgiving at school! Should be a fun night! Bring on the turkey! On Sunday my mom is making me an "early Thanksgiving dinner" because her and my dad are going out of town and we aren't going with them so I was a little upset we wouldn't be together on my FAVORITE holiday so she is making it up to me...I LOVE MY MOM!!

No comments: