CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, November 16, 2009

Cough, Confrence & Camera

This past week sure has been a crazy one. On Tuesday Jacob started with a fever coming and going and a very yucky cough. The fever went away on Wednesday but the cough just wouldn't go away. On Wednesday our Internet & phones at work went out and our "computer guy" wouldn't be able to come look at it until Saturday....what!? He has a job and a life so I understand he was busy. No biggie...just bored at work. Thursday Ruben took off because we had a parent/teacher conference at Jacob's school. No, he wasn't in trouble! In September they took a test called Braken and they finally got the results and wanted to go over everything with the parents. So Thursday we wake up and Jacob still isn't doing any better so I made a Dr. appointment for him that morning and Ruben took him while I went to work. It was fire truck day at MDO so it was fun to get to play on the fire truck. Ruben called that the Dr. said it was just congestion and would prescribe some medicine to help brake it up. Thank goodness it wasn't anything else. So they came and picked me up from work and we headed to Jacob's school for our conference. Jacob played in his class while Ruben & I had a nice talk with his teacher. We got very good reports! We left and picked up Jacob some lunch and they dropped me off back at work. Ruben and Jacob hung out at home until I got home and we all just relaxed...it was nice. Friday Jacob still had the cough so he & I stayed home. I got all my laundry done and in the afternoon we headed to the mall. Jacob was excited Santa was there. He was wearing an Astros t-shirt and hat so not exactly dressed up for Santa so we didn't take pictures with him but we did get to wave hello. We will go back when he is dressed nicer. That night I went to the movies with my sister & mom and saw a movie called "Precious". Not a movie you would watch over and over again but definitely a powerful movie...it's sad to think that really happens to people...makes you thankful for what you have. On Saturday Jacob didn't feel like going to bowling so we lounged around until it was time to go to my sister's. They were going to a birthday party and were taking Jacob with them. My mom and I went to lunch and went to Macy's...I needed new Mac and then to Hobby Lobby. My mom is making Madelyn pillow case dresses so we needed some new material. We found some of the cutest Christmas print ones. I found one that had Santa's all over it but instead of the white fur trim on his hat it had cheetah print so we found cheetah print ribbon to match...I can't wait until she makes it...it's going to look awesome! The rest of the day was a lazy day at home. On Sunday we went to Best Buy to have them look at my camera. It has been acting up lately and I wanted to take it in in case they needed to send it off I would at least have it back before Christmas. They said it was a software problem and they would need to send it in and it would take 2 weeks. My heart sank...2 weeks without my camera...what am I going to do? Ruben said it would be a nice vacation for him...how rude! We went to my parents for dinner and went home and Jacob played his Cars game on the Wii for a little bit before we headed to bed. Thank goodness his cough it better now.

I am so excited for Wednesday! At Jacob's school they will be having a Thanksgiving dinner for all the families. Last year it was a lot of fun so I can't wait for this years. I LOVE TURKEY & I LOVE THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I can't wait to go see Santa with Anakin in the huge Macy's in Manhattan this year!!!

p.s. you are always buying Mac lol.