CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, October 5, 2009

Race For The Cure & Sick

On Friday I went and ordered my sister's birthday cake and ran a few errands. I also stopped at Mardel's and got Jacob a couple of learning posters, calendars, and stickers. I went home and cleaned and Ruben picked up Jacob from school on the way home from work. They picked up dinner and we had a dinner and a movie night. After the movie Jacob & I went to my mom's to spend the night. In the morning my sister & I were leaving early to go to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and my mom was taking Jacob to bowling league. I was up by 5:00 a.m. on Saturday & got ready for my sister to pick me up at 6:00 a.m. We went to pick up our friend Brandi and we were off to downtown. We didn't know what to expect since we have never done this run before. There were tons and tons of people! It was amazing. Walking around waiting for the race to start my eyes just filled up with tears...seeing all those shirts of people walking/running in memory of their loved ones. It was very emotional. Our race started and it felt amazing to be apart of all those people walking for a cure. We did a run/jog and thankfully the weather was great. There were people people on the sidelines cheering for you and that would just pump you up even more...thank God for them. The race was a 5k and we completed it in about 50 minutes. That was with stopping to take a picture at each mile marker. We didn't take a camera so we used my sister's phone. I will post them when she emails them to me. At the end of the race they had a "survivors path" where only the breast cancer survivors would run through and people would hand them flowers and such. I just lost it. My eyes filled with tears as I admired those brave women. It was incredible to be apart of. Running in this race was honestly one of the most fulfilling things I have ever done. It was a great cause and seeing all these people come together was just amazing and an indescribable feeling. I am so thankful to have been a part of it. We went home and took a short nap...much needed. Jacob & I went home and hung out with Ruben for a while and then I got ready to go to Glor's birthday/passion party. I had never been to a passion party but it was hilarious. Hahaha! On Sunday we hung around the house since it was such a yucky day. Then after Jacob woke up from his nap he started to feel sick. he threw up a couple of times but had no fever. We lounged around with him and watched some movies. Ruben had to study for his calculus test, which it today, and we all went to bed early. In the middle of the night Jacob threw up again and so did I. Ugh. Still no fever we just couldn't keep anything down. So here we are today hanging out at home not feeling well. We have been eating crackers and jello and drinking Gatorade. I hope we feel better soon...I hate being sick esp. seeing my little man not feeling well! Pray for us!

No comments: