CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Smarty Pants & Traffic Light

Yesterday my sister asked if I could pick up Madelyn from school when I picked up Jacob since she was running late. Sure no problem...Jacob loves loves loves it when Madelyn comes to our house. He loves showing her all his toys. When we got home I was changing Madelyn and I was talking to her. I always ask Jacob how his day at school was and what he did that day. So I asked Madelyn, "How was school today?" she smiled and said "Good"!! What? Did she just answer me? Her "d" was a little faint but it was clearly the word "good"...I couldn't believe it. She normally repeats what you tell her to say but this time she answered the question and said the word clearly. I can't believe my little niece is growing up. Where have the last 18 months gone? So my sister and mom came to pick all 3 of us up and we headed to Hobby Lobby to get the material for Madelyn's costume. I also found Halloween gifts for Jacob's teachers...they had all their Halloween stuff 50% off...I love Hobby Lobby! I also found some thanksgiving decorations for my office. I LOVE FALL! On the way home my mom was asking Jacob how he was liking the PPK2 class (they moved Jacob up on Monday from PPK1 to PPK2). He said he liked his teachers and they have more computer time and he liked playing with all his old friends again. So my mom asked his friends names and he said, "Jayden his name starts with J, Connor his name starts with C, Jake his name starts with J just like mine and Jayden's, and Elliott his name starts with L." (First off I don't know why he thinks the first letters of his friends is important but wow at least he knows.) So I told him that Elliott starts with and E and he argues back no it's a L and I said no it starts with an E. My 4 year old stares me strait in the eye and said, "NO, you need to pronounce his name, watch me it's Lliot...did you hear me say e (making the e sound)" I guess he doesn't understand that "el" can just sound like an "l". That boy is too smart...what am I going to do with him? He gave us all a good laugh though!

Jacob has also been testing us...seeing what he can get away with. Not going to work buddy! So I remember when I was in kindergarten my teacher used the traffic light to show our behavior. Green was good, yellow was ok, and red was bad. So monday I went onto clipart and found a stop light. I printed it on long paper and colored it in. I then laminated it and cut it out. When we got home we hung it on his door and I explained to him that green meant he acted good and if I had to get onto him he would have to move his clip to yellow and if he got into trouble again he would have to move it to red. If he got red he would have to sit in time out. If he stayed at green for a few days he would get suprises. So lets just say he has been an angel! If he starts to do something bad I simply say, "Do you want to move to yellow?" and he straightens up very quick! I should have tried this earlier!

Here's my traffic light...I think it's cute & the best part it has been working!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

lol i love the traffic light for mr smarty pants!

Amy said...

Morghan's only 3 but I need something so maybe I will try this out!