CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Library & Hooked On Phonics

When I picked up Jacob from school yesterday I had a little surprise for him...we were going to the library. HE LOVES THE LIBRARY! We used to go every other Friday but lately have been to busy to go. He was thrilled when we pulled up, I thought he was going to jump out of his car seat and run in. On the way in he kept saying what kind of books he wanted & how excited he was. We went strait to the children's section and within minutes he already had about 12 books in his arms. (Thank goodness there is a 50 children's book limit). We read a couple there and found a couple of others...I think he checked out about 16 books! I have finished the book I was reading, Mother Warriors, by Jenny McCarthy and was happy to have found the first part of that book called, Louder Than Words, in the library. So I took my book and all of Jacob's to get checked out. He loves handing his library card over to librarian...I think it makes him feel special. I can only hope he continues this love for books as he gets older. Ruben didn't have school last night so Jacob couldn't wait to show his daddy all his new books! We had dinner and thankfully Ruben fixed my laptop this past weekend so Jacob & I were able to start his Hooked On Phonics lessons again. The program was saved to my laptop and all his completed work so I was very happy my laptop is working again. Jacob has already finished the "yellow book" which is recognition and writing of uppercase letters so yesterday we started the "red book" which is the same thing but just using lowercase letters. We did a-d and he did really well. He has known his letters for some time now but we always showed him how to write mainly in uppercase so he is now getting the hang of when to use lowercase. He was so happy Ruben got to see how well he does, since usually we do it when Ruben is at school. I love the Hooked on Phonics program. We have a couple of other work books that he works with but the HOP has a computer program that goes along with the books and he likes to move the mouse himself and I think it makes him focus a little more. After shower time we read a couple of his library books and it was time for bed. I am so thankful Jacob loves to read and learn...I hope it continues through the rest of his school days...he is such a smart little boy & I thank God for that everyday!

No comments: