CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Halloween Costume Shopping

If you know me then you know I am a planner. I love to plan things. I hate that if things I plan go terribly wrong...I am obsessive & if something doesn't turn out right it's a jab to the gut. I also hate that some people seem to just throw things together last minute and everything turns out fine as to me who plans and plans and plans and something can go wrong. With that I have already known what I wanted Jacob to be for Halloween since well last Halloween. He is very excited because his costume can have so many accessories he can play with. Last night my mom, Jacob & I went to the new Halloween store they opened in Pearland (where Linens & Things used to be). We stopped by there on Sunday but they had a sign that they opened on Wednesday (yesterday). We got one of his accessories there and then headed to Party City where we found another thing we needed. We then went to Wal-Mart and found the BEST material for the costume. I was so excited. I already had a vision of what I wanted it to look like and one of the materials we found by far passed my expectations...I am so glad we found it! I need a couple of more things to top off the costume and then my mom will get busy and sew it. My mom is amazing at sewing. When my sister and I were little she used to make us beautiful dresses. She made Jacob's bam bam costume when he was 2 and last year made his Elvis costume....sorry if this sounds stuck up or you don't agree but that Elvis costume was the best flippin' costume I have ever seen!! I still love looking at it. We worked so hard on that thing and it came out awesome. Jacob even won the costume contest at the Pearland Trick or Treat Trail last year. So anyway this year he is going to be a....MAGICIAN! My mom is going to make his cape and we found the magician hat and wand and now all I need to find if cards, and scarfs so he can pull them out of his pocket. Madelyn might even be a bunny in a hat so they will match...my sister is still deciding on that. I can't wait. Here are some pictures of Jacob's Halloween costumes through the years, I don't have his zebra costume pictures saved on my computer but here are the others...

No comments: