CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, September 14, 2009

Grandparents Day & Almost My Birthday

Friday Jacob & I continued our routine of going to the library. Again he was thrilled. We brought a bag this time to carry all the books. Man it got heavy. He checked out 20 books & a DVD. One of the librarians knows his name already. I also got a book and have read about 3 chapters. Still doing good! We picked up a pizza for dinner and headed home to watch his DVD. On Saturday we went and picked up some flowers so we could take to Ruben's grandmother's house to visit her for Grandparents day. She was so happy! Jacob calls her his "soup grandma" because she used to always make him soup. "Soup Grandma" is the only thing he will call her...it's kinda funny. She made us lunch and we played Wii with his cousins. We had a good afternoon. The rest of the day we read library books and watched movies. On Sunday we had breakfast with Ruben's parents. We hung out all day and then had dinner with my parents and sister, brother in law and Madelyn. We had Central Texas...I forgot how good it was...lately if we are B-B-Q we went to Spring Creek but my mom wanted something different so Central Texas it was. Yummy!

So a week from today, September 21, is my 24th birthday! I can't believe it...it feels like I just turned 16. Time flys...I strongly believe that! I went online just now to renew my license...first time to ever do that. I have had the same licence since my sophomore year in high school. The long ones...man I hated it. So this year it was time to renew. It asked if I wanted to be an organ donor. I didn't know to check it or not. Weird as that sounds. I looked at the box and the question and honestly didn't know if I wanted to check it. It just weirded me out for some reason. I called my mom and asked her what to do...I'm still a little kid and love asking my mommy what to do! She said it was my decision but to think of it this way, "What if something happened to Jacob...wouldn't you want someone to help him if they could?" She knew just what to say...I checked it. I always knew it was the right thing to do but for some reason it just made me numb and want to be selfish for a second...that's my body...I don't want someone else to use something. Wrong way to think...if I needed something I would pray there was a match out there...why wouldn't I do the same for someone else. No matter how old I get I will always need my mommy! So the countdown is on...7 more days until my 24th birthday.

No comments: