CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Family, Raiderettes, Beauty & The Beast and A Lance Berkman Autographed Baseball

On Saturday morning my family came into town. I was so happy. My 2 favorite cousins came in...Steph and Sarah. They live 6 hours away and we don't get to see each other as much as we would like. When they got here we had breakfast at my moms and then we off so I could take some pictures of my cousin Sarah in her Raiderette uniform. She is a sophomore and is Lt. of her team (their version of Pearland's Prancers). I probably took over 150 pictures but here are a couple I really liked. Jacob & his Raiderette
Our Roots says we are Cousins, but our Hearts say we are friends.
After the pictures we stopped and had lunch. When we got home we rested for a little while and then got ready to go to the new high school, Dawson, to watch the play Beauty and the Beast. It was so good...those kids did an amazing job. They sang great, their costumes were awesome, and they were really funny. We had a great time. When we got home Ruben met us there cause we were off to some bowling. Jacob and Madelyn stayed with my parents so we could have a good time. My family loves to bowl & we have a great time doing it. I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time. My sister got the top score but I was only a few points behind...I think Gil, my brother in law, got the worst score....it didn't matter though...we all had a blast. Ruben and I went home and watched a movie before passing out. The next morning we went back to my mom's house and hung around there for a while. We all went to lunch at Pei Wei and then off to do some shopping. I came back early with my mom while my cousins and sister shopped. Jacob and I made some brownies for everyone and helped my mom make dinner. When everyone got back to my moms we enjoyed a great dinner and shared lots of laughs looking at old family pictures. I live for those moments!!! My cousins left early Monday morning and the rest of the day Ruben & I did laundry and played with Jacob. It was a very relaxing day.

On Saturday there was a package for Jacob...what could it be?...we didn't order anything. We open it and inside there is a signed Lance Berkman baseball and a certificate that says Jacob won the August drawing for the Buddies club...crazy! We were so excited. So know he has a Lance Berkman, Brian Moehler, Jose Valverde and Jose Cruz Jr. signed baseballs. (He also has his 1st Astros outfit from when he was a baby signed by Berkman and his Astros build a bear signed by Berkman). We are on our way to having a collection going.

No comments: