CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, August 10, 2009

Voided Contract, A Haircut, George & The Astros

This past week sure has been a crazy one. On Wednesday we had the inspection on the house we wanted to buy. The report was not so good. The inspector found termite damage, a leak in the roof (& it was only a 6 month old roof), and a couple of other things. The sellers lied about having termites before when the inspector clear saw visible signs of having previous termite treatment/damage. Ruben was very upset with this...if they tried to get away with that no telling what else they could have lied about. Termites can be treated but it would be something Ruben & I would have to continue with to ensure no more termites....this could have become very costly. After lots and lots of discussion by ourselves and with both of our parents we felt that we would have to pass on this house. It was a sad decision since we had already put money into it but had to think of the long run. In the long run we would have had to put a lot more money into it then we would eventually get out of it. Upon talking to it with my parents my dad once again suggested we build a house on their land (they have 5 acres). We have always wanted to do that but we wanted to buy a house this year and if we built it would probably be in another 1 1/2 or so. My parents have a beautiful home there now but my dad is going to start a little bit smaller home on the land later this year. He said he & my mom don't need a big house since it is just the 2 of them now. When my dad finishes their house then we can start on Ruben & mine. After we thought about it we decided we were going to wait and in the end we would come out on top. Waiting another year would give us more time to save more money and if we wait we would have a brand new house with everything we want. My dad knows how to do everything...so with all of us doing stuff like painting, floor we would really cut down a lot of cost instead of paying someone else to do it. Good things come to those who wait.

I have been wanting a haircut for some time now but wanted something different. My hair was pretty close to being in the middle of my back and have always admired people with short hair. Any time I got a trim I always chicken out and never cut it short. Well this time I didn't! I cut it and I love it. Jacob wasn't happy about it though. I cut it on Friday and went home and fixed it and then went to pick up Jacob from school. He saw me and make a mad face and in front of everyone told me. "I told you not to do that!" He has a thing with my hair. He has always played with it, especially to go to sleep. He was not happy I got rid of my hair but I told him it would grow back & he was ok with it after that. I didn't tell Ruben I cut it either. I walked in as if nothing had happened and he right away noticed. He thankfully liked it, I was scared he wasn't going to like it. My mom & sister really liked it as well!

Saturday rolled around and it was time for George! I was so excited! My mom, sister & my sister's sister in law went to eat at Saltgrass before the show. We had a blast at the show. We saw Julianne Hough, Blake Shelton, Sugarland & of course George! It was a great show! Sunday we went to the Astros game. What a great weekend! After the game Jacob got to run the bases. It was amazing to watch. He loved it! Made my eyes tear up watching him out there...cry baby I know but it was just a surreal moment. I love watching the Astros and having Jacob run out there on the field was honestly like a dream come true. We are huge Astros fans so it was just an awesome experience. On the way back to the car Jacob told me, "Mommy when I get bigger I'm gonna run on that field again." I can only hope!

No comments: