CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, June 12, 2009

"Wakey, Wakey My Little Jakey"

Yesterday we were supposed to head to the splash pad but my sister called and asked if we wanted to have dinner with her & my parents. My dad loves Baytown Seafood so that's where they wanted to go. I HATE seafood! I will not eat it for anything. I knew they had other things to eat so we met my family over there. We ate & my sister ordered crawfish. Jacob just couldn't stop looking at them. It was funny. I don't think he understood my my sister was eating them. I ordered a pound for Ruben to go so he could eat when he got home from school. I didn't tell him cause I wanted to suprise him...he loves crawfish but we never go eat it cause he knows I don't like seafood so I knew he was going to be suprised cause he was craving it for so long. We finished dinner and headed home. In the drive way Jacob triped and scraped his knee. He gets up and starts crying..."Is it bleeding?" I looked at him and noticed he only had a small scracth and no blood. I tell him no & he starts limping in and saying he needs a band-aid. I took him a shower and got the scrath cleaned up and put a band-aid on him...2 actually...he said he needed 2. So I put them on and he's limping again. I asked him why he was limping and he said he couldn't walk with the band-aid on cause he didn't want them to fall off. That boy! When I put Jacob to sleep he said, "Mommy, can I ask you a question?"...sure Jake..."When you wake me up in the morning will you say...Wakey Wakey my little Jakey." I started laughing and said yes (I always say that to him to wake him up) He told me I forgot to say it yesterday morning. Around 9:30 Ruben came home from school. I told him to close his eyes and I showed him the crawfish. He was so happy! He loved them. By the time he was done we were ready for bed.

This morning I woke Jacob up and said "Wakey wakey my little Jakey!" He was happy! He has splash pad at school today but he will only get to play this morning & will miss the afternoon time. I am picking him up early...he has his 4 year old check up today. He will probably not be happy about that.

We have a graduation party to go to on Saturday and St. Helen Bazaar on Sunday. Should be a fun, relaxing & HOT weekend!

No comments: