CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, June 15, 2009

"Oh My Gosh...I Just Won $100!!"

On Friday I picked up Jacob early from school...he had a dr. appointment at 1:00 p.m. for his 4 year old check up. We got there and they checked his hearing and vision and all the other normal stuff. Then it was time for the hard part. He had to get 4 shots!! But on the bright side he wont need any more shots until he is 11 years old. The nurse and I both held him down as he recieved the shots. Boy is that boy strong. We both had a hard time holding him down. He didn't scream just yelled a little but he was quickly over it when they gave him stickers. He also didn't want to unroll his shorts down cause he didn't want them to mess up his new band-aids. We headed off to Walgreen's so I could get his prescription filled (he has a small rash on his face so his dr. gave us a prescription for some cream...he has such sensitive skin) and I let him pick out a candy since he did so well at the dr. appointment. We went home and he was down for a nap while I picked up and finished some laundry. Ruben came home and we hung out a while until my sister picked up Jacob & I. We went to the splash pad (again) and then my parents met us there and we all had a picnic under one of the pavillions. It was so hot but it was a lot of fun...I love my family!

Saturday came around and we didn't do much of anything. Ruben had a paper to write so Jacob & I hung around and I cleaned out Ruben & my closet. We had a graduation party to go to but Ruben needed to work on his paper & I didn't want to drive to Galena Park all by myself.

Sunday we had breakfast and then Jacob & I played with some play-doh while Ruben worked on his paper some more. We got ready and headed to the Bazaar around 1:00 p.m. Boy was it hot!! We met my mom, sister & Madelyn there. Jacob & Ruben played some games and we ate. We then went to the bingo hall so my mom & sister could play a few rounds of bingo. They also had a game called "tips" there. It's just like a scratch off but you peel off the rows to see if you win. I went and bought $4.00 worth...i think they were like 2 cards for a $1.00 so I went back to our table and Ruben & I split them. I was on my last card and on about the 3rd row (there were 5 rows to peel) and I said, "Man I never win anything" and then I peel the 4th row & what do I have....3 7's. OMG!!! I just won $100.00!! I was so happy...I seriously never win anything!! The people around me were so excited too...it was hilarious! I took it back to the Tips table & showed them so they start yelling & everyone is looking. It was crazy! So I went with this lady to the church office & claimed my prize...$100.00 cash! Lord knows I needed that! I was so happy!! When I went back Ruben bought $10.00 more worth of tickets and he won $2.00...so he was a sore loser that I won more than him. Jacob played a few more games and then we headed home. I took him a bath around 6:00 p.m. and he was passed out around 7:00 p.m. We had a great time at the bazaar...we played games, I got a funnel cake & won $100.00!! Thank you God!

No comments: