CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, May 29, 2009

Slip N' Slide, Shipley's Friday & PPK

Yesterday we set up Jacob & Madelyn's little pool at my mom's and a sprinkler set Jacob got for his birthday & a slip n' slide he also got. They had a great time playing in the pool together. Ruben & I set up the slip n' slide for Jacob but he didn't really know how to do it so I went & put on some old clothes I had at my moms and decided I would show him. Boy oh boy was that fun!! I hadn't been on a slip n' slide in years!! So Jacob & I played on it for like almost an hour...we even slid Madelyn down. It was funny but she wasn't a big fan of it. Well I wake up this morning & I am sore!! I feel like I was hit by an 18 wheeler. I guess a slip n' slide really is made for kids only. Haha! It was worth it, I had a blast!Jacob & I love love love Friday's. We call it Shipley's Friday. Each morning we eat breakfast at home but on Friday's we stop at Shipley's. He loves do-nut holes. Well they have this deal if you buy a combo meal you get a bag of do-nut holes free. So we get a #1 (2 regular do-nuts w/a small drink) for me and he gets the bag of do-nut holes (for free)...pretty sweet deal...we only pay $2.48...crazy huh? Works for us. He looks forward to getting do-nut holes on Friday & for the cheap price you can't beat it!

So this week at school was transitions. Right now Jacob is in PPS2 (Private Pre-School 2...older 3 year olds) well we got the letter last week that he will be transitioning into PPK (Private Pre-K) all this week. (You have to be 4 to move up to PPK and have the teachers feel you are ready to move up). So he and a couple others in his class are moving up to the next class, PPK. His teacher said they would go everyday this week from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. to get used to the new class & teacher. I went to pick him up yesterday at his normal class & they said he was still in the PPK class. What?...he stayed ALL DAY! I went to the PPK class and there he was...the teacher said he did really well so they kept him all day & if he wanted to he could stay all day Friday. So he said he did, so today when I dropped him off I dropped him off for the 1st time in the PPK class. It was so exciting...he's really growing up. So next week will be his official 1st week in the PPK class. They wear uniforms in that class (except during the summer so we wont have to get those until August) and go on field trips. I am taking off the days they go on field trips cause you know I am NOT missing those!

We are taking Jacob to the movies to see Up today and tomorrow he has his friend, Olivia's, birthday party at the Little Gym in Friendswood to go to. Should be a fun and relaxing weekend!

No comments: