CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Best Friend

Ruben & I officially are parents to a 4 year old...crazy! I still can't believe it. It feels like it was just yesterday we were driving like 20 mph on 288 driving home from the hospital. We were too scared to go any faster. I remember the 1st song that came on the radio in the car that day...Tim McGraw's "My Best Friend". To this day when that song comes on my eyes tear up thinking back 4 years ago to the car ride bringing our new baby home, scared beyond belief, but knowing we loved him & he truly was our best friend. We always tell him that...he's our best friend. By God's grace we heard that song that day because there's a part in the song that really explains how we feel about him & the song couldn't say it any better:
I was tired of hurtin'
So tired of searchin'
'Till you walked into my life
It was a feeling I've never known
& for the first time I didn't feel alone
Your more than a lover
There can never be another
That makes me feel the way you do
Oh we just get closer
I fall in love all over every time I look at you
I don't know where I'd be without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
Your my best friend
We love Jacob Ryan more than words could ever express & I truly don't know where I would be right now if God didn't bless our lifes with him. We have had our share of bad & hard times but good ones were always there to follow. I am lucky to be his mother because he is one of the smartest, kindest, funniest kids I have ever known. My heart melts when those big brown eyes look up at me. Everything I do I do for that boy. He is my life.

The last pictures we took of him as a 3 year old.

Ok now on to this weekend & his party...


Friday: I went to get a pedi...ahh I love them. If you know me you know I hate to be touched. If I don't know you don't me...I don't touch you, you don't touch me. I'm not rude about it it's just how I am. So for the longest time I hated getting pedi's...I would do them myself. Well I learned I have to let go & just relax & have them done. I take my magazine & turn on the massaging chair & try not to think of the lady touching me. Weird I know. So after my pedi I went to find some new black flip flop type sandals to wear to Jacob's party. I went home cleaned up a little & then picked up Jacob from school & went to take him to get a haircut. We then went to my mom's where some of my family had already gotten there. We hung out & then the rest of my family arrived. My mom bar-b-q'ed for everyone & we had a great time hanging outside. We went home & got ready for the next day.

Saturday: We woke up early & Ruben, Jacob & I picked up my mom & aunt & headed to Sam's to buy the food & candy for Jacob's party. We got home and everyone got ready to go have lunch at Juanito's. After that we headed out to do a little shopping and then Jacob & I had to go home and get ready for a birthday party. We got ready and met my sister at her house and we all headed to Angela's daughter, Zoey's, 2nd birthday party. It was Dora themed & they had a Dora there that Jacob wanted nothing to do with. It was pretty funny. So after the party 2 of my cousins went to Wal-Mart with me & we picked up some Pei Wei for everyone for dinner. Ruben, my dad, sister & I had a re-match of the game we play (Ruben is seriously determined to win) and guess what....I WON! In all the years we have played I have never won! So I was excited...Ruben not so much!

Sunday: Party Day!! I woke up early & picked up my sister and cousin Steph so we could pick up the cake. The bakery is closed on Sunday's so I had to be there at 9:00 a.m. to pick up the cake. We we get there & guess what....it's not ready yet! What? Are you kidding me? Every year something goes wrong with his cake...every year!! Everyone knows the cake is the most important thing to me...I don't know why it just is. So they say they need 20 more minutes. No problem...so we head to a Target to kill some time. We 30 minutes pass & I call to see if it's ready yet...NOPE...they now need 30 more minutes. My heart is pounding & beating about 200 mph. So we wait some more & then go to the bakery...it's done...but TOTALLY NOT WHAT I ORDERED. His party theme was fireman/fire truck so I ordered the cake to be just a 2 layer round cake with white icing and fondant (sp?) flames going around both layers...easy right. We I got the bottom layer correct but then they added to layers on top...1 was painted buildings and the other was pained brick buildings with ladders going from the bottom tier to the top tier. I hated it. My sister said I should say something but I was too upset to. I am not a confrontational person and I don't like to cause problems. I was mad that it happened to me again. I just thought this time it would turn out fine cause that bakery always does such good work. I was seriously devastated & I refused to take a picture of it cause I was so mad. So we go home and start on the center pieces. We set up the chairs and tables & what do I see above...RAIN CLOUDS!! Here we go again. I was ok with the rain cause the day before it rained in the morning & then passed so I was hopeful that would happen again. We we got all the tables & chairs down & waited for it to pass. When it finally did we started the pit up again and got the tables and chairs out and started decorating. The party started at 3:00 p.m. & a lot of people started showing up. The kids were playing in the moonwalks and having a good time. Then what do I hear & see? LIGHTNING & THUNDER!! Are you kidding me? So we move all the tables into my parents garage and down it comes. It was raining so hard at one point there was hail. Just our luck. The wind was so hard it flew the moonwalk & the blower we rented across the street and into a huge ditch. It probably would have kept flying but Ruben's dad went out into the rain & tied it off onto a fence there was. We got really lucky no one got hurt. We called the moonwalk people & told them what happened & when the rain let up the came & all the guys at the party went to see if they could get it out. It was full of air & water and was way to heavy to get out. It was crazy. So we did the pinata and played a couple of games since it stopped raining. We moved the tables onto the driveway and had cake and opened presents. Everyone had fun despite the storm & even though every one that was supposed to come out didn't make it we had a great turn out and Jacob & his friends had a great time playing...they didn't care about the rain at all. The fire truck & ems didn't make it out, they called & said they were too busy which I totally understand. Honestly the rain didn't bother me cause Jacob still had fun (I was probably more upset about the cake). It was a crazy day! Everyone left and we cleaned up and headed home to rest. Everyone was wore out. My mom said she would send us on a vacation next year instead of having a party...I will go for that!!


Monday: My family from out of town left so we went & said bye to them & then we went home and set up Jacob's sprinkler set he got and let him play in that for a while. The rest of the day we just kinda hung out and took it easy.

Tuesday: Jacob Ryan's 4th birthday!! Ruben & I woke him up by singing Happy Birthday to him at 5:34 a.m. (the time he was born, Jacob thought it was funny but quickly fell back asleep) When he woke up later we had breakfast & got ready to go to Flip N' Out. He had fun on the moonwalks. We then met my mom for lunch at Gringo's by her work and then went to Jacob's school to take cupcakes & goodie bags to his friends. They sang to him...it was really cute. We went home and napped for a little bit until Ruben came home from work & then we all hung out until it was time to go to his birthday dinner with both of our families. There he opened his presents from Ruben & I. We got him some clothes from Gymboree (didn't care to much about that), movies, games, more Thomas trains & a soccer ball...he had been wanting one. We went home and just hung out for the rest of the night. He had a great birthday. Our baby isn't a baby anymore...he's a little man (he likes when we call him that). I am excited to see him grow so I don't get sad that he gets older...I love it. I love he can talk to us & play with us. He has his own personality that just amazes me.

Jacob Ryan,
Mommy & Daddy love you to the moon & back!

No comments: