CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fingers Crossed

Fingers crossed...seems to be my moto lately. 4 more days until Jacob Ryan's 4th birthday party & what else...my fingers are crossed. There is a 20% chance of rain this weekend & that is 20% chance too much. The party is outside & I pray pray pray for no rain all weekend (we have a party to go to Saturday too & then Jacob's is on Sunday). I know that may seem selfish but I have planned too hard for this party for it to be ruined by rain & I have family coming in from out of town, I would hate for them to drive all the way here & then there be a wash out of a party. (Next year we are having an indoor party for sure...I can't handle not knowing if it will rain or not.) Another fingers crossed I have is that we will be able to have the Fire Department come out to his party too. As of right now we have the EMT bringing the Ambulance but when I called yesterday to make sure they were still coming she told me she was going to try & break the rules and see if the Fire Dept. would come out as well! I was so happy she is going to try...that was unexpected surprise. Jacob's party theme is Firefighter but they said the city wouldn't let them come out to a private party so the EMT said they would be able too....all the same theme & the kids don't care as long as they get to play in it, right?! So if we had both come out that would be totally amazing! Jacob knows the ambulance is coming to his party so we are going to keep the fire truck a surprise for 2 reasons...1. they are unable to make it out & 2. his face will just light up when he sees it so we will be looking forward to that. I made all my last minute calls yesterday to make sure everything is still ready to go for Sunday e.i. make sure the bakery didn't loose our cake order, make sure the moonwalk company would be on time, things like that. I am a planner & I have to have everything in order and make sure I have everything covered. The one thing that really gets me is that I will plan his party for months..making sure I have exactly what I want and something will go wrong (not wrong to others but in my eyes) and some people just throw a party together and wait last minute and their party will turn out great...I DON'T GET IT! My mom says I worry to much & everything always turns out fine. I just have a vision in my head & get upset when it doesn't go EXACTLY as I planed. I have to just let go & realize that life is life & nothing is perfect...as long as Jacob has fun and I have my family around me nothing else should matter.


So in 6 days Ruben & I will officially have a 4 year old!
I am really looking forward to this weekend. My family is coming in on Friday. Saturday we have a birthday party to go to. Sunday is Jacob's birthday bash. Monday we are both off & Jacob's school is closed and Tuesday (Jacob's birthday) I am taking off to spend the day doing whatever Jacob wants and then we will probably go out to dinner with our families. Thank you God for the blessings you have brought into my life!!

No comments: