CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Future Fire Fighter?

Jacob's 4th birthday is fastly approaching so I have been trying to think of some nice places to take his 4th birthday pictures. Since I got my camera I try to take all his pictures myself instead of getting them done. I love taking pictures & even though I haven't mastered it yet I know I will be happy down the road when I look at them & know that I was the one that took them. So with that all the places that came to mind all had pretty flowers & such...not so nice for a BOYS photos exactly as I was looking for something a little more boyish. My mom suggested going to the fire station...DUH his party is fire truck theme!! I had thought of if but I figured they may be too busy to allow someone to take pictures on their truck...wrong...they were happy to help!! So we set up a time for us to go (yesterday afternoon) and they had the fire truck pulled out & ready for Jacob. We got their & his eyes just light up...he was so excited...we can say Mommy was too. They gave us a little tour inside the fire house and then we went out and they let Jacob do whatever he wanted. They brought out their uniforms, showed us inside the truck, all kinds of things. It was really neat! They were so nice & answered all our questions. I wanted to take so many more pictures but I didn't want to feel like I was over staying our welcome. Haha! But all in all I was happy with some of the shots I got of him.
Little bummer about the fire station...they wont be able to make it to his party. I had called about them about going to Jacob's party and giving the kids a tour of the fire truck a few months ago but they informed me that the city was no longer allowing them to go to private parties anymore but we were able to get the EMS to come out so that will be a great treat for the kids. His party is fire fighter/fire truck theme but in reality is all goes together & the kids wont mind as long as they get to see it & hear the sirens and see the lights and stuff so I think everything is going to turn out great. I have everything ready. I have all the decorations, balloons, fire hats for all the kids, the moonwalk rented, the invitations are ready to go out today, the games, the cake is ordered...everything but the food (which I have to wait on). 17 more days!! but 19 more days until his real birthday!!
I am beyond excited about today & the rest of the week:
Today: We have T-Ball!! (next week is the last week :( and they will have awards and a party)
Tomorrow: I am going to Muffins for Mom at Jacob's school...so cute!
Saturday: We are having Mother's Day lunch with Ruben's family and then Ruben, Jacob & I are off to the Astros game!
Sunday: Mother's Day! We are having a bar-b-q at my moms.
Hope all the Mother's out there have a great day filled with lots & lots of love!!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I love it! I cant believe another bday for jacob ryan! ahh!