CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm Good At Loving You

Friday I went to Muffins for Mom at Jacob's school. We sat and talked and ate muffins and had chocolate milk. It was really sweet! Then I went up to Zales to get my chain fixed (well replaced) for my diamond cross necklace. My chain had broken 2 times in the past like 3 months...1 time cause Jacob tugged on it & it busted the other time I don't think they fixed it correctly and it was scratching my neck and eventually it broke again. I really needed it fixed before Mother's day since it was the cross Jacob had gotten me for my very first Mother's day so I really wanted it for Mother's day. I ran a couple of other errands and then went to pick up Jacob from school. He gave me a card and a flower that had a poem attached to it. It was beautiful. The poem made me cry. I was crying while I was reading it and Jacob asked why I was crying & I said it was cause I was happy and I loved him and he said the sweetest thing I have ever heard, he said...
"I'm good at loving you!"
My heart melted. He was so sweet and so confident in his answer. It was priceless. I love that little boy like no other. We went home played, had some dinner, and got him ready for bed. Ruben and I watched some t.v. and went to bed shortly after. We woke up and got ready to have Mother's Day lunch with Ruben's parents, 2 grandmothers, aunt & cousins at Pappasito's. We gave Ruben's mom her Mother's day gift before we went to the restuarant incase she wanted to show it off. We had a calander made for her with pictures of Jacob and each month the pictures corisponded with each month...October had pictures of Jacob in all of his Halloween costumes, December had pictures from Christmas' past, ect. She loved it! And each month below the pictures I put a bible verse or phrase that meant something. I worked really hard on it & it came out great! Ruben's parents gave me a gift card to NY&Co. and a "R" charm for my James Avery charm braclet. I already have the "J" for Jessica & Jacob but I have wanted to the "R" for Ruben & Jacob's middle name...Ryan. We went home and took a nap before we got ready to go to the Astros game!! We had a blast!!
Sunday we headed over to my parents for a bar-b-q. We ate & exchanged gifts. We got my Mom a calander too but hers had pictures of both Jacob & Madelyn. She loved it!! We got my sister a Willow Tree figurine that she didn't have (she collects them). My parents gave both my sister & I new Coach sunglasses...SWEET! I needed new sunglasses!! My sister gave me a gift card to Macy's...I needed new make up!! We then cleaned up and played our game again...after yelling and laughing my dad finally won & Ruben coming in a close close second. We had so much fun...I really need to remember the name. It's a big wooden board that you play with marbles and dice...kinda like the game Trouble. We went home and Ruben took a nap while Jacob & I watched movies. We ordered pizza...we weren't going to even try to go out for dinner...it would have been to packed. I had a great Mother's day weekend filled with lots of laughs and surrounded by the people I love the most...my family!!

No comments: