CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring Fling Carnival & Children's Museum

This weekend sure was a fun one! Friday night Ruben tried b-b-qing for us but mother nature had a different plan...in the middle of his cooking it started POURING! He managed to finish without getting too wet. It sure was good! We were hoping it didn't rain too much 'cause we had Jacob's Spring Fling Carnival at school the next morning. Thankful when we woke up the skies were clear! We had breakfast at McDonald's (Jacob's choice) with Ruben's parents and then off to the Carnival. My mom met us up there with Madelyn & Gabby. The carnival was held at the Primrose in Silverlake...both schools had the carnival together...Jacob goes to Primrose on Pearland Parkway since it is literally 2 seconds from my work & I like having him close to me in case I were to need to pick him up & it makes dropping him off & picking him up easier & faster. They had rides, face painting, pony rides (I stood from a distance to take pictures...I am terrified of horses), moonwalks, food...all kinds of stuff. We had a great time. When we went home it was time for a much needed nap! Come to find out Ruben's mom won one of the baskets we were raffling off so that was pretty cool.
We woke up and got ready to have dinner at my parent's house. B-B-Q again!! I'm not complaining!! We ate, talked & then Ruben, my dad, my sister & I played a game...I can't remember the name of it but it's a mixture of Chinese checkers & trouble. We had a blast!! My dad & sister are so loud Ruben was dying laughing. Everyone got really into it...my sister ending up winning. It was a lot of fun! Jacob & I stayed the night at my mom's cause she had to work in the morning and she was babysitting Gabby for the weekend so my sister & I were taking the kids to the new Children's Museum the next day. Jacob, Gabby, & Madelyn got into their swimming gear and we filled up my parents jacuzzi bath tub and they played in there for like almost an hour. Gabby was helping Jacob to swim and Madelyn was just splashing everywhere. We went to bed and in the morning I made breakfast for Jacob & Gabby and then we got ready for my sister to pick us up to head to the museum. We had a lot of fun there! There was so much stuff to do. The kids really enjoyed it!

Today is 4 weeks until Jacob Ryan is 4 years old. Ruben & I still can't believe how old & big he has gotten. These past 4 years have seemed to just whiz on by. We love that we can do so much with him...he is a little man now. I have everything I need for his party. I found his pinata on Friday & I am so stoked about it!!! It's huge & has a lot of detail...I LOVE IT! I have everything I need for the center pieces, plates, napkins, balloons, prizes & games...everything but the food. I have to wait on that. I am so excited! I love planning birthday's!

I also can't wait for Mother's Day weekend!! On that Friday they will be having Muffins for Mom at Jacob's school...so awesome! On that Saturday we will be going to my favorite place in the world...an Astros game! Ruben says I'm weird I asked to go to the Astros game for my mother's day gift but there is nothing else I need or want. All I want is a day with my 2 favorite boys...it's all that I need & it makes me the happiest. Hope everyone has a great week!!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

so much fun! i love you guys..p.s. i'm gonna buy you a horse! hahaha