CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not Listening...In School??

Yesterday after work I hit the gym and had a great hour work out. I was very proud of myself...I ate good all day & didn't have a coke...nope not one...not even a sip...just water ALL day! To those who know I LOVE me a coke. I just can't help it. I like drinking water & don't have a problem drinking it but my head just craves that coke. So I promised myself that I really need to cut back on the coke & just drink water. Anyway so I worked out and headed to pick up Jacob from school. I went to his class and he come running to me & his teacher is right behind him. Usually when I pick him up she tells me what he learned that day and how good he was...not yesterday! She told me he hadn't listened that day and had to sit at the table instead of playing at a center. I couldn't believe it! I know at home he doesn't listen at times but he has never had that problem at school. & trust me I would much rather him be bad with me than with someone else. In the 7 months he has been going to Primrose they have never said not one bad thing about him or his behavior. There is this one kid in his class that literally gets sent up to the front desk everyday. Jacob plays with him but the teacher has always said that he doesn't do the bad things the other bad kid does. So I was proud he learned that he could play with this boy & not act like him & follow him making bad choices. I am not blaming Jacob not listening on the bad kid but I think he is starting to wear a little off on Jacob. The teacher said it was a bunch of the kids that had to sit out for not listening and not just Jacob but I told her I only cared about Jacob...so the first time he doesn't listen put him at the table. I will not allow Jacob to become a disruption in the class. On the way home I called Ruben & informed him what Jacob's teacher said so he said no t.v. for Jacob. Jacob promised he would make good choices from now on & he was sorry so I felt really bad for him...but he needed to be taught a lesson. We picked up some Subway on the way home. We ate then practiced writing his letters and a couple of other stuff. We cleaned up and had him showered and lying down in his bed about 7:30 p.m. (he usually is in bed by 8:00 p.m...so it wasn't that big of a difference) I finished some laundry and waited for Ruben to get home from school. I know he is a little boy & is going to get out of line but we pay too much money for him to be going to his school for him to act bad and disrupt the class...then no one is learning or having fun. He is usually a good boy & I am very thankful for that...I just hope we don't get anymore bad reports!!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

what! oh no not jacob! well i'm glad that he understood what he did! he is a very smart boy and i dont think you will ever have to worry about him getting out of line all the time.

p.s. congrats on ur workout and no COKE...omg! i'm gonna buy you a horse now for sure! hehe.