CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

Friday Ruben & I both had off so it was so nice to be able to both sleep in. We hung out with Jacob all day! Around 5:00 p.m. Jacob & I headed off to my mom's to finish dying our Easter eggs. We had fun...Jacob would just dip them into the dye and then quickly take them out. All his were just tints of colors so my sister & I went back over his so they could be darker colors. We had dinner & headed home. Saturday it was up early so my sister could come pick me up so we could take Madelyn to Little Gym at 8:45 a.m. Since my sister just had surgery I went so I could help Madelyn in the class. Boy did that kick my butt!! I was running around with her, helping her do rolls, all kinds of stuff. It was like working out for an hour with a 25 pound weight!! She loves her Little Gym class so I was really excited I got to go & help. When the class was over we went & picked Jacob up and headed to the Rig to meet Katrina, Danny & Anakin for the Egg Drop. Oh my I have never seen so many people. It was crazy!! I don't think they were expecting that many people. We waited in line to get onto the field & people were pushing like no other. It was ridiculous!! The parents were more excited than the kids. After waiting & waiting we finally got onto the field & then more waiting the helicopter flew above and dropped tons of eggs. Jacob & I some how ended up in the front of the line & they told the people who were in the front to get the eggs in the middle of the field so the people in the back could get the eggs in the front of the field. Well when they said go the people in the front didn't listen & stopped at the first eggs causing people to fall & loose their kids. Jacob & I managed to not get knocked down and made our way to the middle of the field. Jacob got his 10 eggs and we got out of the way. Kids were crying because they didn't get any eggs or their parents were pulling them along. It was a mad house!! It was great they had a fun event planned like that but I don't think they imagined the amount of people that showed up was going to be that high. After we finally got out of the traffic we went to pick up some cakes I ordered for Easter for my parents & for Ruben's parents. We got home & rested for a bit then I had to get ready to go with Ruben's mom & cousin to see the Wizard of Oz play at the Hobby Center. It was so good!! We had a great time! The next morning came around and we had breakfast at Ruben's parent's and they had a egg hunt for Jacob inside since the weather in the morning was so yucky. He didn't mind it thought...he got candy and money in his eggs...what more could he ask for! We rested for a while and then headed to my mom & dad's for Easter dinner. We had turkey & all the trimmings. I love turkey!! My mom was going to b-b-q but we thought the weather was going to be bad all day so she made something for inside. We ate & let Madelyn & Jacob open their Easter baskets & gifts. After that Ruben & I hid the eggs outside and we all had fun watching them look for them. Well only Jacob but Madelyn got the ones on the grass. We did confetti eggs on each other which was fun too. We helped clean up & then headed home. Everyone took their shower and crashed!! It was a long weekend but lots of fun!!

No comments: