CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What Child Is This??

Oh that Jacob Ryan....what a night he gave us!! It first started on Sunday night...we got home from my moms house and we picked up some dinner on the way home. We all ate & then Jacob wanted Ruben to shower him. So while he took him a shower I got his clothes ready for school the next day. We all got ready for bed & Jacob decides he wants to stay up and play...I don't think so...bed time is 8-8:30 for him. So he's not listening, laughing when we are trying to talk to him...just out of control!! I could not believe it!! Ruben starts to grow upset because he has to wake up at 4:30 a.m. and he is ready for bed. Jacob is streaming to watch t.v. and I had enough. We threaten him with not being able to play t-ball this week (which usually works when he starts to act up) but this time he didn't care. We then told him he was grounded from watching any t.v. for a few days which made him madder. Finally about 10:00 he gave up and passed out. The next morning he said he was sorry for how he acted and promised to be a good boy. Since he was good that morning I told him that when I picked him up from school we would go to the book fair and get the books he had picked out.

After work yesterday I worked out and then went to pick him up and we looked through all the books in the book fair. He picked out 2 books about baseball, 1 Clifford the Big Red Dog book, and 1 Cars book. So we went home and read his new books and had dinner and then went outside and practiced some t-ball. We came inside showered, played hide and go seek inside and tried to get ready for bed. Ruben let him watch Dragon Tales and Thomas on Sprout and then he said it was going to be time for bed. (Ruben has spring break from school this week which is why we were both putting him to bed instead of me just doing it...Ruben usually isn't home until after Jacob has already gone to bed...he gets out of school at 10) When they were over we turned the t.v. off and the fits started again!! I couldn't believe he was going to try to pull this stunt again!! So we let him cry until he figured out we weren't going to play his game. He didn't want to sleep in his room and he yelled and cried so I laid with him until he fell asleep...again around 10:00. I went back to our room and crashed. He woke up again later in the night so I went to lay with him & we both crashed out. I woke up around 4:00 a.m. and went back to our room until the alarm went off at 4:30...Ruben was so tired we didn't wake back up until 5:30 a.m. I think Jacob is acting this way to test what he can get away with but it can get to be so stressful. When he is with me alone he is lovey dovey with me, acts right but then when his Daddy is there he acts like any typical boy, which is fine but sometimes he gets out of line. Ruben doesn't like to discipline very much because he has work & school all week and doesn't get to spend as much time with him so when he does get to spend time with us he doesn't want to waste it punishing Jacob. I know he is a little boy and boys like to play rough and be loud but night time is not the time for all of that. He gets everything plus more and I think he needs to learn that he doesn't call the shots...we do. We can't let him get away with everything any more or he will only act out more. During the week we usually have a pretty solid routine down & I think its trowing him off that Ruben is home & of course he just wants to play with his Daddy. At school he is always good...I don't think he has ever gotten into trouble at school so I give him lots of credit for that. I hope tonight goes better!! Just need to vent a little!!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

omg! what a kid! it must be the change of routine and that he has daddy at home. i wouldnt be surprised if everything goes back to normal once Ruben is back to school. lol. Oh i dread when Anakin is able to talk back. i'm sending him to you when he does lol.