CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, March 30, 2009

Bluebonnets, Blue Bell, A Movie & A Marker Fight...

Amazing how much you can do in so little time. Seems like I did so much this weekend for only 2 days. Friday I ran some much needed errands and hit the gym. I usually only do cardio when I go cause there is usually some what a lot of people when I go after work but on Friday I went at 10:00 a.m. so there was hardly anyone so I was brave and did weights. I felt really good after my work out. I went home & showered up and did some laundry and then went to pick Jacob up early from school so we could go to the library. Before Ike happened Jacob & I used to go to the library just about every other week. He loves, loves, loves books so it's our little "our" time. Ike happened and the library closed until last week so we were very excited to go. We read a couple of books there and then he ended up checking out 14 books!! So we then stopped and picked up a couple of groceries and some hot dogs and burgers so Ruben could grill them for us for dinner. We got home and Ruben started the pit while Jacob and I read ALL his books over and over again. We ate, hung out, and then it was off to bed (we were waking up early in the morning).

I love bluebonnets. I think they are so beautiful. I have been telling my mom for some time that I really wanted to take some pictures of Jacob in some bluebonnet patches. Not just a patch with a couple of bluebonnets but fields with tons of them. She mentioned there were some going towards Brenham...so we decided to make a day of it and go out that way. We left around 9:00 a.m. and it took a little over an hour to get there...not bad at all. We saw little ones here and there and then just driving down the highway you see cars & cars stopped at these beautiful bluebonnets fields. It was amazing. It was very windy so we were scared Jacob or Madelyn would get sick but we were there so we had to see what happened. We had them both wear white so the bluebonnet color could stand out. We had a lot of fun...there were so many of them, it really was beautiful. & Jacob had a great time running through the fields.
We also stopped at the Blue Bell Creamery in Brenham. They didn't offer weekend tours so we went into the shop they had and sat down and had some ice cream...boy was it good!!! We had fun sitting there eating our ice cream! We even got old time hats that they used to wear in the ice cream shops a long time ago.

We got back home around 5:00 p.m. and we were pretty exhausted. We made dinner and Jacob went to bed and Ruben and I stayed up and watched Role Models. Sunday rolled around and it was pretty much a lazy day. Ruben and Jacob played as I finished the laundry and by that time it was lunch time again. We ate and Jacob took a nap & Ruben started working on his homework again. When Jacob woke up from his nap I decided he & I would go to the movies since he has been wanting to Monsters Vs. Aliens so we got ready and headed to the 4:00 p.m. showing. We had fun...the movie was really cute & funny...Jacob loved it. We got home had dinner and Ruben & Jacob started playing again. Things got a little out of control and they started looking for things by dumping out ALL of the toys bins. I couldn't believe the mess!! So then they start throwing this ball at each other and then think its funny to throw it at me. I don't think so...it was War!! They had dumped out the bin that has all the coloring books and markers so I grabbed the black marker and went behind Ruben and drew a big line down his back (he didn't have a shirt on). So Jacob and I are laughing and Ruben grabs the blue marker and starts chasing me. So we are all laughing and running from each other trying to mark on each other when we get the chance...acting like a bunch of kids. I get Ruben all on his arms, he gets me on my arms and face and Jacob has marks on his hands and legs. Jacob went after Ruben but we noticed there was no mark...he had grabbed a Color Wonder marker (the ones that only write on certain paper) so we were laughing about that. A few minutes later we were covered in marker marks and decided to call a truce. It was certainly time for a bath. I scrubbed and scrubbed to get the marks off Jacob but you can still tell where they were. I still have a faint mark on my face...haha. Ruben and I had fun acting like little kids with Jacob. We did so much this weekend but most importantly we spent it all with Jacob. We love him to much!! I can't wait until next weekend...we will be going on our mini vacation to Grapevine, TX to ride the Thomas train...Jacob is so so excited!!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

These pics are beautiful! I miss Blue Bell Ice Cream! We don't get that up here. I'm glad to hear you had an awesome weekend! I love you guys and I will see ya'll soon!