CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"I Thank My God Every Time I Remember You." - Philippians 1:3

Yesterday was a very nerve wrecking one for me...my sister was having surgery. She had to be at the hospital at 7:00 a.m. and my mom & brother in law went with her. Madelyn spent the night with me so I could take her to her sitters in the morning and my sister would have a good nights rest before the big day. I wanted to be there at the hospital with them but I just new I would go crazy just waiting there so I went to work to try & keep occupied...no luck...I think I called my mom just about every 30 minutes to see if she heard anything. They didn't start my sister's surgery until about 11:30 a.m. and it took about 2 1/2 hours. In that time my stomach felt like it was in knots and my heart hurt because of not knowing how my sister was. I finally got the call the surgery was complete & everything went well!! Thank you God...I probably said that in my head 1,000+ times. My sister is still in some pain right now and will be able to go home tomorrow. I am so proud of her and her decision to have this surgery...it's going to be a NEW beginning for her and I am nothing short of happy for her!

Tomorrow Jacob has t-ball so we are always happy about that! I love watching him play...makes my heart smile!!

We will be missing his t-ball pictures and a friends birthday party this weekend because we will FINALLY be going to ride Thomas the Tank Engine. He is beyond excited!! He has so many Thomas movies, Thomas trains & track sets, Thomas puzzles...he just loves Thomas. We will be leaving early Saturday morning to Grapevine, TX (right outside Dallas). When we get there we will check into our hotel (it's amazing...we are staying at the Gaylord Texan Resort) and make it to Grapevine Vintage Railroad by 1:00 p.m. When we get there they will have different activities to do like games, Thomas story time, and meet Sir Topham Hatt and then at 2:00 p.m. we will board Thomas the Tank Engine for a 30 minute ride. After that we will just explore Grapevine and Dallas and head home Sunday afternoon. I am so excited...we all are. It's a short mini vacation but I know it will be one we will remember for ever. I can wait to see Jacob's face light up when he sees Thomas. After I go see my sister at the hospital today I have to get us all packed up so we can be ready to go.

I also can't wait until Tuesday. Jacob will be having a Spring Parade and Easter Egg Hunt at school. I have his treats for his classmates ready & the 1 dozen eggs they have to take for the Egg Hunt. It should be really cute to watch them all hunt for the eggs. I love going to his school parties!! He will probably get embarressed when he gets older but I don't care...I'm going!! I thank God every day for blessing Ruben & I with that boy. He amazes me everyday! He says things I would never imagine I would hear a almost 4 year old boy say...he really is smart. & I'm not just saying that because I am his mom. His teacher always gives me good reports of how well he does in school...we are very proud of him. I work with him constantly. He loves when you to read books to him, playing his Hooked on Phonics games on my laptop and working in his work books. I hope he keeps up all his hard work through all his school years. I can't believe my little Jakey will be 4 in less than 2 months!! He's amazing & I feel so blessed and lucky to hear him call me...Mommy!!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

i'm so happy your sister is doing good. give her my best! and there is something else exciting going on on tuesday! someone very special is coming into town! me! duh! love you