CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, March 5, 2009

25 Bet You Didn't Know...

I saw someone else do this & thought it was pretty cool. Choose 25 random facts about yourself you think know one really knows about you. Seems pretty easy...but 25 is a big number so here it goes...
1. Ryan is my all time favorite name...When we named Jacob Ryan I wanted a J name like mine & a R name like Ruben's but Jacob went first only because I wanted the J name first since I was the one that was going to be in labor with him so I thought I should have the right to have my first letter first...haha...& if he were to have been a girl I would have named him Ryan Morgan. I never had a girl name picked out (I think I always knew he would be a boy).

2. I named my niece Madelyn Grace for some weird reasons my sister isn't too pleased with but she loved the name so much she agreed:
Madelyn - In 5th grade I was in LOVE with Hanson!! They had a song called "Madeline" and I always loved it so there was her 1st name. We decided to spell it Madelyn because my sister didn't wasn't people to think her name was pronounced Mada - line.
Grace - Any one who knows me knows how much I LOVE ELVIS!! So since my family would have not part in naming her Elvis Presley I snuck one in...I thought of Grace from GRACELAND...where Elvis lived. Haha!!

3. My biggest pet peeve is when I am standing in line & someone behind me stands really close behind me so then I move up & they feel the need to move up as well. I can't stand for people to be in my space...I need room!

4. My all time favorite movie is called Pure Country. It was made in like 1994 & George Strait stars in it. I know every word, every song & could watch it every day & never get tired of it...EVER! "Now go on, get your ass out of here"...a line from the movie...you have to watch it...its the best movie ever!

5. I took Kindergarten twice! My mom lied about my birthday to get me into Mt. Carmel when I was 4. Can you believe that...my mom lied to a Catholic school...haha! So my family still teases me about having 2 birthdays cause growing up I didn't know which one was my real one. My real birthday is September 21 & my fake birthday was August 21...my mom makes me a birthday dinner on my fake birthday every year.

6. I am constantly planning something. I hate not being prepared & if I am not in control I freak out. I start planning Jacob's birthday parties like 4 months in advance & would it be too much if I already know what I want him to be for Halloween this year...can't tell its a secret! I plan & plan...it's what I do.

7. I have lived in Pearland my WHOLE life & couldn't imagine living any where else.

8. I work at a Presbyterian Church but I am Catholic. It's nice to see others people perspectives on things though...I thank God every day for giving me my job.

9. I don't hold my pencil/pen the correct way. I have a hard time helping Jacob with his writing because I could never learn the right way to hold it. Everyone tried and tried to help me but I just couldn't do it.

10. I bite my nails. Always have & probably always will...I can't help it. I get fake nails & I just rip them off.

11. My sister & brother in law have been married almost 3 years now & I sometimes still pull up the wedding speech I wrote for their wedding & read it...it was seriously a master piece...everyone in that hall was crying or teared up. I worked really hard on it!

12. My sister & I used to be on a bowling league when we were little...it was so much fun! I love to bowl...we still have our balls & take them when we go bowling now...geeky I know but it's better than using other balls who knows who used.

13. Orange Skittles are my favorite!

14. I gave up Chocolate for Lent this year...so good so far...until my mom reminded me it has only be 1 week...uhhh so long to go.

15. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I could eat a turkey everyday I love it so much!

16. During the summers when my sister & I were younger we used to stay home by ourselves so for lunch we would always make chicken nuggets, corn, & Lipton noodles or rice & have candle light lunches. (that's all we knew how to make so we ate it almost everyday)

17. When I die I would like the following 3 songs played at my funeral: 1. Time of Your Life - Green Day, 2. With You In Your Dreams - Hanson, 3. I Can Only Imagine - Mercy Me
A weird variety I know.

18. Although I had Jacob Ryan at a young age, 4 months away from turning 20, I truly feel God gave him to Ruben & I for a purpose...I don't know where either one of us would be without him.

19. I can't swallow pills...it is the most terrifying thing to me. It takes me a bottle of water to swallow my little b.c. pill everyday & I still struggle with it.

20. I have a terrible memory...I can tell you what I wore the first day of school for every year but ask me what I did last week & I have to sit & think about it.

21. I get distracted very easily....ask Ruben he knows...he hates how long it takes me to get ready cause I start talking or start watching t.v....I can't help it.

22. Katrina & I have been best friends since the 6th grade...so that's...12 or so years (I love you Katrina)

23. Club soda with lemon and salt is probably my favorite thing to drink...the sour the better!

24. To Jacob I am the best singer in the world!

25. I am a BIG Astros fan!! Jacob's room is Astros, his birthday party was Astros last year...I just love to watch them play. Minute Maid park is my favorite place to be. My dream for Jacob would be to one day play for the Astros so I could sit behind home plate & watch him play every game. I of course want him to do whatever makes him happy but hey...I can dream right!

Wow that was actually kinda hard...but there you go!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I have a comment for every number lol...i should be doing homework.
1.I knew that.
2.I did know that you came up with the name but didn't know how you got it.
3.didn't kno
4. knew that
5.hahah ur mom is freakin great.
6.o.c.d.
7.you would freak out if you had to move
8.i love your open-mindedness about God and religion
9.lol i've always laughed about the way you hold a pencil
10.never will stop!
11.you doing a toast at my wedding
12.wierdo! we need to go bowling next time i go down!
13.lol orange skittle??
14.i'm gonna send you a big box of chocolate to torture you..thats what i do best!
15. lol knew that. you turkey
16.lol. remember our sleepovers and the house to ourselves all day!
17.you will never die! we are gonna live forever and rule the world. of course you planning that. lol.
18.jacob birth was the day my bff became a women.
19.b.c pills are super tiny! lol but i knew this already
20.horrible memory..stop asking me for my address!
21a.d.d.
22bff forever!! what bam thank you officer!
23ugh club soda with what! ew... i rather you five cokes a day!
24 jacob is lying..i told him to tell you you sing good to make you feel good. lol
25. when I become rich..i'm gonna buy you the astro team! and minute maid park!

Amy said...

Ha ha you have the same birthday as Morghan and I have considered lying about her birthday so she can get in to preschool a little early lol