CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, March 9, 2009

Scary Day...

Monday morning started out like any other day...the alarm went off at 4:00 a.m. & there I am trying to wake Ruben up but it was a no go...lets just say we both didn't wake up till about 5:30 a.m. (the time change took its toll on us) so Ruben gets dressed & off to work. I got up showered, watched the news & was doing my make up when I heard a car door close in the drive way...it freaked me out. With all the crazy things going on I am really paranoid it's not even funny! So I go to grab my phone from my purse & was headed to Jacob's room so we could hide...I seriously thought it was a robber. This sense of fear just came over me, my legs felt like they melted, my hands were shaking & tears were just rolling from my eyes...I hear banging at the back door & jiggling the door knob...I didn't know what to do...I was about to dial 911 when the door opened & there comes Ruben saying "Hey I brought do-nuts" so cheerful! I start crying like none other screaming at him for scaring me. I couldn't believe he would scare me like that...of course he didn't mean to & he felt really bad. I was honestly one of the scariest moments of my life!! So he came home from work cause his back had been bothering him since Sunday & they didn't want him getting hurt at work. So Jacob woke up & I got him dressed for Rodeo day at school & off we went. On the way I heard on the radio there was a loose gunman in Pearland...are you kidding me!! After what I just felt this morning!! So I called Ruben to watch the news and find out more. I dropped Jacob off at school & I went to work. Ruben called me & said he was going to pick up Jacob cause he didn't think it was safe since they couldn't find him. So he picked him up & I left work cause I just so uneasy about it. So we all spent the days together which was nice! What a crazy day!!

On Saturday Ruben, I, Jacob, my mom, sister, Madelyn, and Rubens mom & dad went out to Denny's...my favorite and then headed out to the Rodeo Carnival. It was so much fun!! Jacob loved all the rides & even rode the mechanical bull...it was the cutest thing. I of course had to have a funnel cake before we left. We all had a great day & Jacob had a blast!!

Well that's all for now...we are going to go outside & practice Jacob's t-ball...he starts on Thursday...yey!!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Omg how scary! It makes me cry when my bff cries! lol. My mom told me about the gunman...thats crazy..and my mom gets worried about me in nyc and there hasnt been a shoot out around here for a few months now. So much for good ole' pearland..p.s. i miss denny's, rodeos, funnel cakes, and my bff jess.

Katrina said...

Omg how scary! It makes me cry when my bff cries! lol. My mom told me about the gunman...thats crazy..and my mom gets worried about me in nyc and there hasnt been a shoot out around here for a few months now. So much for good ole' pearland..p.s. i miss denny's, rodeos, funnel cakes, and my bff jess.