CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, February 26, 2009

"God Has His Eyes Closed Because He Is Watching Over Us..."

Yesterday was of course Ash Wednesday. I didn't want to go to service early in the morning and then go to work with Ashes on my head...feeling it may be some sort of disrespectful to the church I work at (different religions...mine being Catholic, my job being Presbyterian) since they don't practice putting the ashes on your forehead. So my mom, sister & I decided that we would go to the 5:00 p.m. service. So I was busy at work trying to make sure they had all their bulletins and such ready for their service that night. I picked up Jacob from school and waited at church for my mom and sister. I took Jacob a couple of this Thomas books to keep him quite since an hour is a long time for that boy to be quite...especially just coming out of school. My family got there and then mass started. Madelyn started to get fussy so my sister took her to the cry room in the back. During the service Jacob just stared & stared at the big cross with Jesus up front. He has seen it many times before but today he just couldn't stop looking at it. He has this thing with hair & eyes...ever since he was a baby he has had to play with my hair to go to sleep and just loves touching mine or others hair...my mom just says its his security...instead of a security blanket...he likes to feel my hair...and he also has this thing with eyes...he always has to see your eyes & if something doesn't have eyes its always the first thing he asks..."Why doesn't that have eyes?" So he was staring at the Jesus asking my mom why didn't he have eyes and my mom told him he did they were just closed and of course he asked if Jesus could open them so he could see him and my mom said no he has them closed so he can watch over everyone. After we received our ashes he wanted to get a better look. So we went closer to show him he did have eyes & he just kept repeating, "Tell him to open his eyes so he can watch over me." It melted my heart to hear my 3 year old tell Jesus to open his eyes so He could watch over him. We went back to my moms and my sister came over (she had left church because Madelyn was having a fit b/c she hadn't taken a nap all day) and my sister asked Jacob how was church and he said it was good and that he saw Jesus but his eyes were closed...and my sister asked him why his eyes were closed and Jacob told her. "God has his eyes closed because he is watching over us because he died for us because he loves us." I was so amazed that he knew all of that. I am sure he doesn't truly understand it all but he was so proud and sure of his answer. I am so proud of my little man!! He really is growing up...scary to think in exactly 3 months (May 26) he will be 4 years old and moving up to the Pre-K class & wearing a uniform!!

2 more weeks from today and Jacob Ryan will start t-ball...we are all so excited!! He loves to play so I hope he will do well with the rest of his team. We are still having to make him hit if off the t stand...he wants you to throw it to him so in his words he can "Smack that ball!!" He's so funny!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Omg Jess!!! Jacob is such an angel! That is so sweet what he said. May God always bless him and you and Ruben too! I love you guys and miss you so much...

p.s. I will try to blog soon..I know if I blog i'll just blog about homework...ugh. love you