CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, February 23, 2009

Take Me Home...Rrrriiiigggghhhhtttt Now!

Well this past weekend sure was a BUSY one...we were running around everywhere!! The weekend just seemed to fly right on by. I was off on Friday since I was still sick & my Pastor told me to take the day...well really half day off & get better. Jacob & I slept in for once & I dropped him off at school (a little late) then it was off to my sisters. Elis, Madelyn & I were off to our errands about 10:00 a.m. First we went to Babies R Us for Madelyn's diapers & wipes ( I sure don't miss buying those) and we found her a onesie that is pink & hot pink for her 1st birthday photo shoot then we were off to the mall so I could get some new make up, and we went and exchanged something at Gap for Jacob & I got Madelyn some new pink shoes...so cute, and then looked for a birthday dress for Madelyn at Gymboree. We found one but since it was our first stop we decided to keep looking in case we found one some where else. By then we were all hungry & of course we went to Pei Wei...my favorite!! Man am I happy they opened one in Pearland...which I have yet to go to :(...the one at Baybrook is just the same so at least I got to go. After lunch we went to Carter's, Party City (were I found Jacob a conductor hat for when we take our Thomas the Train trip in April), and Imagination Toys & Shoes. We then decided we were going to go order Madelyn's Birthday Cake...a month early but we don't play around & wait last minute...I am a planner & like to make sure everything is taken care of & of course were we ordered her cake is seriously the best...& we wanted to buy a little cake to take home & munch on & while we were there I was tempted with Chocolate covered strawberries, so Elis bought me two...I don't think we were out of the parking lot & I had already eat them...I couldn't help it...they are my weakness!! So then off we were to Hobby Lobby to get matching tulle for Madelyn's birthday onesie...I love to make them for my Grassy!! By the time we got out of Hobby Lobby it was 4:00 p.m. & I couldn't believe were time went! We picked up Jacob from school & went back to Elis' & waited for my mom to come over. Everyone came over & we ordered pizza & played Rock Band...we had a lot of fun. We went home around 8:30 p.m. and watched a little t.v. with Ruben & everyone crashed out soon after.

Well Saturday it was up early & back on the move. Ruben stayed at home and finished home work & my mom & Elis came and picked us up and it was off to the invitation & stationary store so we could find Madelyn's invitations. They didn't have exactly what we were looking for but we did find some really cute ones that matched all the colors of her party so we were thankful for that. & of course I found Jacob's invitations too...even though its not until May, I know it early but using my mom's excuse..."We came all the way over here & you might as well get them since we are here"...so that's what I told Ruben...haha. Next we decided to go to Harwin to see if one of their dress shops would have a birthday dress for Madelyn. We went to 3 different stores & found 1 dress but it wasn't the right size. So we drove back to Pearland & went to find a pinata...we went to this place my mom had seen the one that would match her party & they had to order it since they sold the one my mom had seen...so I think that kinda made my sister nervous but what can you do. We went and had lunch at the new Gringo's and then went to Gymboree to get the original dress we had seen cause we were tired of looking! It was raining & cold & we had 2 sick kids with us so it was time to call it a day & go home!! Jacob & I took a much needed late nap when we got home. I went & picked up a couple of groceries & we had a night in. Jacob went to sleep about 8:30 which was surprising since he had taken the late nap.

Sunday I though would be a quite day of cleaning...we woke up, had breakfast & I then attacked Ruben & my closet. I took out EVERY thing I don't wear any more...& I mean everything!! As the pile of clothes pilled higher & higher I couldn't believe how much stuff I had. We are having a garage sale this weekend or next depending on the weather. I had taken Jacobs clothes out the week before & filled up 5 garbage bags of clothes that don't fit him...that's unreal...that boy had to much clothes & he still does. I'm have a hard time taking stuff out because I want to keep it or the shirt or whatever has a meaning to it but there was just no point keeping all of it & all the clothes still looks new cause he didn't wear it that many times. I can only imagine how much my sister will take out of Madelyn's clothes cause she had tons & tons of stuff & she just seemed to keep out growing stuff so all her stuff is new too!! So I was cleaning & Ruben's mom asked if we wanted to go to the Town Center with Ruben's Grandma, Aunt, and cousins. I never turn a trip to the mall down so there went my day of cleaning. We got ready & went to the mall. 2 hours later Jacob was tired & hungry...I think everyone was. We went to Texas Roadhouse...Ruben's mom & I were excited they opened one in Pearland so we had to go there. It was so good!! On the way home Jacob feel asleep & Ruben & I watched a movie.

We went every and any place this weekend & I'm still tired!! I love spending time with my family & its so exciting that we were shopping for Madelyn's 1st Birthday party...I love that little girl & thank God she is part of our family...1 more month & she will be 1 year old (March 21)...it really is crazy how time just flys. The blog was as long as my weekend...but I wouldn't have it any other way!!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I know I'm extremely late on any commenting and yes blogging too! sorry! It sounded like a busy and fun weekend! I wish I could of tagged along. boo!