CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yucky, Yucky Cough

Well we thought we had been lucky that Jacob hasn't gotten sick yet but now he has started this very nasty cough. Hes had a little cough for a few days but he was acting fine so we didn't think to much about it. Well Sunday he started the nasty cough so we went out & bough a humidifier and some cough syrup to see if that would help. He didn't cough at all on Sunday night so we thought he was going to be fine. Well Monday night his cough got a little worse so we thought we would try the humidifier again and see what happened & again he didn't cough. Well last night, Tuesday night, we were up pretty much all night giving him water, medicine, Vick's, any thing that would help him sleep. Ruben had enough and said we better get him to the Dr. TODAY!! So I called first thing this morning & the earliest time they had for today is at 3:00 p.m...my poor Jakey has to wait all day! So he went to school this morning & said he felt fine even though I know he was a little tired. I let his teacher know he would be leaving for a Dr. appointment & she said almost all the kids in his class have the cold. I hate this time of year & I hate for Jacob to be sick...makes me sad. So I am hoping the Dr. will give him some medicine that will take away his cough fast!!

1 comment:

The Kozel's said...

This might sound crazy but I have heard if you take vicks vapor rub and put it on the bottom of his feet ....put socks on him....its suppose to stop the coughing in less than 5 minutes. Make sure you whipe his feet off before you take him outside though, he chest will be open from the vicks and could make him sicker.....hope this helps!