CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween & Wings Over Houston

Friday was supposed to be Jacob & Madelyn's costume parade at school but since it rained just about all day on Thursday and it was very cold on Friday morning they canceled the parade and the kids just had parties in each of their classrooms. My sister & I went back and forth between Jacob & Madelyn's classes and switched so we could see both parties. All the kids looked cute in their costumes & they all had a lot of fun playing games and eating treats. After the parties my sister & I headed to lunch and run a few errands. My sister needed to go to Gymboree to find Madelyn a winter jacket...thank goodness she found one...I didn't really feel like going to a bunch of stores. We went back and picked up Jacob & Madelyn and headed home. On Saturday morning Jacob had a costume party at his bowling class. He was excited to get to wear his costume again. They got to bowl in their costumes and eat "gross" snacks. It was really cute. They also had a costume contest...that Jacob won! 2 years in a row!! Ruben makes fun of me that I get so excited but I guess I am just competitive when it comes to Jacob. He says he can't wait for the day when they kick me out of the baseball game for getting to wild. Haha. After the bowling party we headed home and my mom & sister picked Jacob & I up for lunch and a little shopping. We were trying to stay out of the house because Ruben had a Calculus & Trigonometry test to study for. When we got home Jacob took a nap...he said he needed energy to go trick or treating. When he woke up we got ready and headed to my parents for his first trick or treat stop. After we left my mom's my sister & brother in law followed us home to go trick or treating with us. Ruben, Jacob, and Madelyn all had a blast running from house to house. They sure got a lot of loot!
On Sunday we were up early! Jacob, my mom & I were off to the Wings Over Houston Air Show. Poor Ruben had to miss it again...study, study, study! My dad works at Ellington field so we get tickets every year and get to sit under their tent and eat yummy food! It's awesome! I also took my friend Shawna, her husband and 2 kids...which are Jacob's best best best buddies! We all had a great time! It was very loud but still awesome to see. I have been going for years and it still amazes me. All in all we had an amazing weekend with amazing weather! What else could you ask for?

No comments: