CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, October 8, 2009

VS.

Yesterday I went with Camille, a co-worker of mine that only works on Wednesdays, to lunch at her son's school. He is in the 1st grade and goes to Carleston Elementary. I haven't seen him for a few weeks so I was excited about bringing him lunch. He was happy we were there, it was really cute. Being in that lunchroom made me a little sad just thinking next year Jacob will be going to Kindergarten and he too will be eating in a cafeteria. My little Jakey is getting so big it's unreal. After lunch we stopped at Walgreen's to get some things she needed and we happened to stop at the card section. We were both looking at the cards and her other son, who is 3, wanted to look at the Hannah Montana card. Camille handed it to him and when he opened it, it started singing the Hannah Montana theme song. With out hesitation or realizing it Camille & I both start singing, "You get the best of both worlds, chillin' out take it slow, then you rock out the show, you get the best of both worlds, mix it all together and know that it's the best of both worlds" We both start laughing at ourselves.
Me: "Umm Camille we both have boys...how do we know the words to that song?"
Camille: "Because we both watch it, at least we aren't alone"
Crazy...no more Hannah Montana! After work I picked up my sister's birthday cake and then headed over to her house. We gave her her birthday present and then we were off to dinner. It was a great night.

Now to the "VS."

Temptation VS. Katrina's advice:
I thank God I have Katrina in my life to always set me on the right path. You know why Katrina. Thank you for your advice...you have no idea how much it means to me.

School VS. No School:
Ruben is going to school to be an electrical engineer. He has about 3 years left until he is done. His classes are tough and he is currently going to school 3 nights a week and is studying the other 4 nights. He feels bad he can't spend as much time with Jacob & I as he would like but we have adjusted to it and Jacob & I have our own schedule and time just seems to fly by. Well lately Jacob has been missing his daddy. He gets a little sad when we pull up the driveway and he doesn't see his daddy's bike or the Sequoia. He asks if we can send Daddy a text message to let him know we miss and love him. After bath time he has been asking to wear his daddy's tshirts instead of his own jammies. It makes me sad that Jacob misses Ruben and it breaks Ruben's heart he isn't there but I know he is going to school to better our lives. It's just hard to explain to a 4 year old. Ruben was considering dropping his classes so he could be home but he realized that wouldn't be the best idea for any of us. I just hope Jacob starts to understand and realize what his daddy is doing for us...I think he would be very proud of him.

OUR plan VS. GOD'S plan:
Babies?!? I see all these women having babies. I know God is in control of everything but our plan is NO more babies. Just our Jacob Ryan. Everyone keeps asking when we will have another but neither Ruben or I want to ever have another child. I couldn't picture us with a second child. I praise women and families out there with more than one child, bless you, I don't know how you do it. My life revolves around Jacob..he would be devastated to have to share the spotlight. In fact if you ask him if he wants a brother or sister he reply one of 2 answers: "My mommy and daddy only love me...no one else." or the mean one: "If I had a brother or sister I would push them down the stairs." I think he makes his point load and clear. What do you think? He also says Mommy and Daddy are the only ones that can be on his "team". A friend of mine says I have to much energy for just Jacob and others say that he is old enough to start adding another. Sorry I don't think so. I love kids but I only love one kid for Ruben & I. When I was pregnant with Jacob the Dr's saw what they thought was a cyst on Jacob's head. I was about 7 months along and they told me that if it was what they thought he would be mentally retarded. They then gave me a list of Dr's in other countries that do "late term abortions"...are you kidding me. Obviously Ruben & I were going to love him no matter what but who are you to give me names of Dr's that would "fix the problem." More test were run and showed that there was nothing wrong with him. When he was a few months old they had to do cat-scans to make sure there was still nothing. Going through that was very terrifying and something I never want to have to go through again. Call me selfish but it was just to much for me to handle. I thank god everyday Jacob is healthy. I know everything is in god's hands but our plan is to not have any more kids.

"If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans."

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I Love you, we met in 6th grade for a reason...I am lucky to have you in my life too!!!

p.s. no more babies! lol i couldn't imagine another one for you guys..jake is #1!

p.s. God is good. Trust in Him and He will guide you.