CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halloween Crafts (Sorta) & 2 Years

Yesterday Ruben surprised Jacob & I by bringing home some pumpkins. I asked Jacob if he wanted to paint them or carve them. He of course chose to paint...he will never turn down an opportunity to paint. So we laid out paper and got the paints out. Instead of drawing a face on it he went for a little more "abstract" look. He was proud of it so that is all that matters. Here is his pumpkin:
I am not a very good artist either so I went for just writing Happy Halloween and Boo on mine.

After we painted our pumpkins I got out two Halloween trays I had. They are originally supposed to be ice trays shaped as a skull and pumpkin but Jacob & I thought putting jell-o in them would be more fun. We made the jell-o and poured it into the trays. We put it in the fridge to harden. Before we went to bed we checked out our project. Needless to say when we popped them out of the tray they didn't stay together or look like a skull or pumpkin. So we cleaned them out and decided to put coke in them and let them harden in the freezer. This morning on our way out the door we checked on our frozen coke pumpkins & skulls. We popped them out and they kept their shape. Finally. I don't know what we would have used next if it didn't work.

********************************************************

Ruben,

2 years ago was the first day of the rest of your life. You made a decision that day that was not only hard for you mentally but emotionally. That day you decided to change your life, to change all of our lives for the better and Jacob & I couldn't be more thankful and proud. Today is your 2nd anniversary of sobriety. Today continues your journey into healthy living. Today is not just an anniversary but the continuing promise you made to yourself and to your son. Jacob is so proud to have you as his daddy. He loves and looks up to you everyday. Thank you for all that you do for us. Words could not describe our appreciation. Please continue your fight and always know you have your 2 biggest fans, Jacob & I right there behind you cheering you on each and everyday. We love you Daddy!

Jess & Jacob Ryan "little me"

No comments: