CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Surgery & A Birthday Letter To An Amazing Friend

Tomorrow is a big day. Both scary and happy. I will talk about the scary part first....tomorrow my niece, Madelyn, will be having surgery. It's nothing major but surgery none the least. We will be going to Texas Children's early in the morning and they will be putting tubes in her ears. She has had over 5 double ear infections since she was born (now she is 1) and the Dr says that is too many. My sister had the same surgery when she was younger. The surgery is common and easy but the thought of them putting my sweet baby niece under anesthesia freaks me out. My mom is in Vegas right now so I know that her not being there makes it much more harder on my sister. Madelyn is a fighter and a tough little girl and I know deep down she will be ok...my auntie senses on the other hand wishes it was me instead of her...I hate to see her in pain. Please pray for the Dr hands as they perform this surgery on Madelyn and pray everything turns out well.

On a brighter note...tomorrow is Anakin's 1st birthday! Happy birthday turtle!!
Katrina,
You have been my best friend since we were in the 6th grade...so that's like 12 years...wow 12 years! Watching you grow from a little girl to a mother has truly been a blessing to me. You are an amazing person, friend, and mom. I thank God everyday you are in my life. The day you told me you were moving to NY was one of the hardest days of my life. It was hard because I felt like I was going to loose you. I thought you would be hundreds of miles away and forget about me. I was going to miss hanging out, going out to eat and all of our girl talks. I felt like I was loosing part of my heart that day. It took a lot of time to adjust to not having you there. When I saw pictures of Dani and you together I knew you were where you were supposed to be. I knew you were happy and that was all that mattered. Before you even called to tell me you were pregnant...I already knew. I think we have known each other for so long we just know whats going on with each other. I was so happy for you...I knew you would be an amazing mother...most in part because you too had an amazing mother. I know you had a long pregnancy but when he finally did come I can just imagine the amount of love your heart filled up with. Meeting Anakin for the 1st time was amazing. He was a mini version of you for me to love. He has a smile that could light up a room. May God bless Anakin on his special day as well as always. He is a miracle! Celebrate his birthday because he will never have a 1st birthday again! Things change but our friendship never will. I am so proud of all you have done and so proud of the mother you have become. I'm still waiting to have farms next to each other with cows and motor scooters so we can race each other and I wont have to keep asking you for your address! Haha! I love you and the birthday boy, Anakin!!!

Love,
Jess

P.S. Can I buy you some cereal? Ahh never gets old!!!

& I can't wait until Anakin gets my present...your gonna die!!! Haha!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Omg. Jessica nicole salinas! How dare u make me cry! My mom even cried. I love u so much. Thank u for everything... U will always be my bff!