CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Compassion, Train Tracks, & Almost Officially PPK

There is never a dull moment with Jacob. This happened last week but I forgot to write about it until now...I was thinking about it & it always makes me laugh. We were trying to get out the door when I couldn't find Jacob's shoes. So I ask, "Jakey were are your shoes?" Jacob's response, "Will you just show me some compassion...I can't find them!" Compassion? At 4 years old? Oh Jacob! I told Ruben I was glad he was there to hear that because he probably wouldn't have believed me. That boy is too smart.

Last night we had a train track building contest...I won! Jacob loves Thomas and probably has over 30 of his friends and tons and tons of track. Ruben & I each built a track and had Jacob choose which one he liked best. He choose mine...but to Ruben's defense he couldn't finish his cause I used most of the track. Jacob know every single one of those trains names and if they have a number he knows that too. We have the Thomas Trackmaster edition so that mean motorized trains. Ugh those things get annoying after a while. Even if they fall off the track they keep running & running until you turn them off. The sound gets annoying real fast but Jacob loves them...I guess I just don't understand "boy" toys. I guess I will have to wait until Madelyn gets older so I can play Barbie's with her...haha.

So the first day of Pearland ISD is fastly approaching & so is Primrose's (they follow PISD calendar). August 24 is the big day. On that day Primrose will have an "official 1st day" of school & that means Jakey Jake will officially be in Pre-K. He is in the PPK class now but during summer they do more fun things like their field trips and such. They will be handing out the packets to start ordering their uniforms this week. Crazy. We have already bought a couple of uniform shorts but the shirts we have to get through Primrose...they have the school name and logo on them. I can't wait...he's gonna look so cute in his uniform.

10 more days until George! I couldn't be more excited! & the day after we will be going to the Astros game & after the game Jacob will be able to run the bases. So awesome....probably be one of the best weekends in my life....George Strait & the Astros...nothing makes me happier...haha! Can't wait!!

No comments: