CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Boycotting George Strait?

Ok little back story here...I have the WORST luck when it comes to buying concert tickets. I am a huge George Strait fan...so when he comes to the Rodeo I make sure that I go to that concert. So the last time he came to the Rodeo was in 2007. I waited in line for 2 hours prior to the time they went on sale & was the 3rd person in line trying to get tickets. I did this so I could try and get good seats...did that happen...no! I waited in line for over 2 hours and got crummy seats...I don't get it! Any seat is a good seat as long as I am there for George I guess. So he didn't come in 2008 or 2009. Little disappointed but that's ok. I went a couple of times to the rodeo those 2 years but vowed I would never wait in line to get concert tickets again. So a few months ago they announce George Strait is coming with Sugar Land, Blake Shelton, and Julianne Hough...are you kidding me! I have seen Sugar Land twice & they are awesome & I got to see Blake Shelton at a private party at my mom's job last year & was like 2 feet away...it was amazing. I have proof: Haha ok anyway. So I said to myself...I am not going to stand in line for tickets. Nope, no way! So during this time my mom keeps teasing me that I am not going to get tickets to the show. She finds ways of bringing it up but I am not going to give in. I told her I was boycotting George Strait.

So yesterday Ruben & I got tickets for the August 9th Astros game. Jacob is a Astros Buddie Club member & on that day Buddie club members can run the bases after the game so we made sure to get tickets for that day since that is the last day they will be doing that. So Jacob & I went over to my moms to take some 4th of July pictures of Jacob & Madelyn. We were all sitting at the table & I was telling them that we were going to the Astros game on Sunday, August 9. My mom pops up and says, "What day?" and I tell her again. She goes over to her purse and comes back to the table and puts something in front of my sister & I. It took a second to understand what it was since I wasn't expecting anything. It's tickets to the George Strait concert on Saturday, August 8. My eyes filled up with tears and I hugged my mom...I couldn't believe it. She had them since they went on sale & never told us. What a great surprise...I LOVE MY MOM!! I was totally not expecting that...it was amazing...so needless to say the boycotting of George Strait is over.

No comments: