CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, June 29, 2009

2 Movies In 1 Day & Fishing

I love Friday's. I really don't have to go into work but I do since I go by there when I am dropping off Jacob at school so I just go in & check on things and go over any last minute things. Friday's is normally my cleaning day since I am alone but I had already cleaned Wednesday when Ruben & I stayed home with Jacob since he was sick....so my Friday was clear with nothing to do. I went by the movies to buy tickets to see My Sister's Keeper for that night for my sister, mom & I. I wanted to get them early since it was a Friday & it was the first day the movie had come out. We couldn't wait to see it! So since I was there I thought I would treat myself to a movie...ALONE! I thought I might be embarrassed watching a movie by myself but it was so nice to have "me" time. I saw The Proposal...it was hilarious! It was the first showing of the movie & hardly anyone was there so I didn't feel so dumb watching a movie by myself. So I went home did a couple of things and picked up Jacob early from school. We went home and hung out until Ruben got home. We ordered pizza and I had Jacob in bed for Ruben and then I got myself ready and my mom & sister picked me up & we headed off to the movies (again). My Sister's Keeper...awesome movie...I loved it! I didn't cry but my mom & sister sure did & a few people around me. They dropped me off & it was time for bed...it was already past 12:00 a.m...way past my bed time...haha. On Saturday morning Ruben & Jacob went fishing at a pond down the street. They came back and we had lunch and had a nap. We played the rest of the afternoon & then they decided to go back fishing. Sunday rolled around and Jacob & I went to my mom's for breakfast and to go shopping. We had Madelyn since my sister was working. Boy is it exhausting with the both of them. We went to Kohl's, Target, out for lunch, and then Old Navy. We were all ready for a nap by the time we got back to my mom's. My sister was home by then and we watched Confessions of a Shopaholic. It was pretty cute. After that Jacob & I went home. We had dinner and then all 3 of us this time went fishing and played at the park. It was so much fun. The boys fished while I fed the ducks. When we went to the park Jacob & I were racing on the slides and swinging...I felt like a little girl again...I feel like I haven't swung on a swing in forever. We had a lot of fun. Then it was time to go home & get ready for bed. Our weekend wasn't to eventful but it sure was nice....and also nice I had a lot of "me" time.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

"ME" time is great! Every mom needs that. I know I sure do. p.s. Your weekend was way more eventful than mine! lol.