CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, June 8, 2009

Broken Car, 2 Water Parties & Appendicitis

What a weekend!! Friday I ran some errands, cleaned up, did laundry & then was on my way to pick up Jacob from school. Well on my way my car just died in the middle of the road. Went from 50 mph to flat zero! I was so scared. I put it in park and turned if off and said like a million prayers in like 2 seconds praying it would start again before a car came behind me. Thank you Lord...it started. I called Ruben & of course he didn't answer. He was on his way home from work & rode his bike to work & therefore did not hear or should I say feel my phone call...he obviously wouldn't have been able to answer anyway. So I am driving down 518 praying it wouldn't happen again & Ruben calls back & I explain what happened so he says he will check it when we get home. I pick up Jacob & he was so happy...they had splash day at school & he was still excited. I asked him what he wanted to do that night & he said to go to the splash pad with Madelyn. So I call my sister & ask if they want to go...she of course will have to pick me up...I was to scared to drive my car anymore until Ruben looked at it. We get home & Ruben is dead tired. The sun really drains him out all day plus he had to work overtime on Saturday morning. So he says when he gets home from Saturday work he will look at the car. My sister picks us up and we head to the splash pad. My mom & dad met us there. We went to my mom's after and ordered pizza. Saturday Ruben drove his bike again to work so I could take his car and get Jacob a hair cut and take him to a friend's party that afternoon. The party was at the YMCA & the kids could play on the splash pad or play in the pool. Jacob had a blast...me on the other hand could feel my skin melting in the sun. I am probably 3 shades darker! (I thankfully don't get sunburned...I just tan) So after the party Jacob fell asleep on the way home and we all took a nap together when we got home. We woke up and went to my mom's for dinner. At dinner my sister kept saying her stomach hurt. She just thought it would pass and left it at that. Jacob spent the night with my mom and dad & Ruben and I went home and watched some movies and hung out. It was nice to have some time to ourselves especially since Ruben starts summer school today...Monday, Tuesday & Thursday nights he will be gone. So we wake up on Sunday & Ruben gets ready to get some things he needs to fix my car. I call my mom & tell her I am on my way to pick up Jacob & I hear Madelyn in the background...I was like why is she there & my mom said my sister & bro in law dropped her off early in the morning cause they needed to take my sister to the ER. WHAT?? So I go to my mom's and my brother in law calls and says my sister has appendicitis....I had my appendix taken out in 8th grade & I can still remember how bad it hurt!!! So they were waiting for the Dr. to come back & thankfully he was able to do the surgery that morning. So my mom got ready to head to the hospital and I take Jacob & Madelyn home. My sister made it through the surgery just fine & now she will be in the hospital hopefully no more than 3 days. Ruben finished working on my car and we all got ready to go to another birthday party. They had a water slide that at first Jacob didn't want to get on but once he got comfortable he kept going down it. After we left the party we went to Ruben's grandmother's house for dinner to celebrate his cousin's high school graduation. By the time we left we were all ready to go home & crash. It was a long & crazy weekend!!

Today was Madelyn's 1st day at Primrose. My sister is sad she missed it but what can you do...you can't help that things happen. So Jacob & I met my mom & dad up there since they were bringing Madelyn. We got everything ready for her to start and when we left she was playing in her class. We then went & dropped Jacob off at his class. I hope this week goes smoother and less eventful than the weekend.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

omg to your whole weekend! Send your sis get well soon wishes from me!
I can't believe the truck actually died on you. It's been with you for as long as I remember.
and congrats to madelyn on her first day at primrose!

p.s. I MISS YOU!