CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's been so long & a little Fireproof

As you can see it has been since November that I have written. At first I was so excited about starting this but then soon forgot about it. Well it's time to start again!!

I know many of you have by now heard about the movie, Fireproof, or the book, The Love Dare...well I too had heard about it & at first I thought it would be great to see but didn't know how I was going to run it by Ruben. I bought it on Tuesday, the day it came out & was just going to hold onto it until I thought the time was right to ask him to watch it with me. He's not the type that likes to watch movies about faith & that sort of thing. He has his beliefs but doesn't like to really talk about it. We don't get to spend as much time together as we would like since we both work, he has night classes on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and just the every day errands and doing things with Jacob Ryan our weeks just seem to fly right by us. On Friday we try to have movie night but with his homework being so time consuming he often watches the movie with me while he does his homework. So I though I will just tell him it's a love story & see if he catches on & pays attention. Well this past Friday, February 6, one of Jacob's favorite movies came out...Madagascar 2...& he knew so we just had to get it. I picked Jacob up from school & we met Ruben for dinner...Jacob was so surprised to see his Daddy waiting for him at the restaurant, since he didn't know he was going to be there. After dinner we stopped at Blockbuster to buy Madagascar 2 for Jakey. He was so happy...he loves that movie! We went home & watched his movie & then got him ready for bed. With Jacob asleep I asked Ruben if he would watch a movie with me. He said yes but also said he would have some homework to do as well. The usual...no big deal. He asked what the name was & what it was about & I just told him to watch if he could. As we watched I would see him glance from time to time...then his glances turned to stares...then it turned to dropping his homework & completely watching the movie with me!! I couldn't believe it!! The movie is a low budget film & sometimes the acting is the best but the message is AMAZING!! I won't say what its about but I recommend this movie for anyone who is married, in a relationship, or even just looking for the right direction. I believe in God & teach Jacob about Him & we pray every night & try to make it to church as much as possible but just watching that movie made me realize there is so much more...He is so much more. We need GOD in everything we do especially relationships. The thing that really amazed me was that Ruben loved the movie & thought we should watch it again. It really reached out to him. I ordered the book, The Love Dare, and we plan to start the 40 day challenge on Valentine's Day! Ever since we have watched that movie we have realized that we need to take time for ourselves everyday....in just these 5 days since we have seen the movie I see a big difference in our relationship & I am so thankful for that. Everyone should definitely watch it!!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

hey jess, its ur bff! where can i get this movie? i would love to watch it with danny. man i need to start a blog. i've been meaning too lol.