CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Update

These past few weeks sure have been a blast! Ruben has taken the summer off from school so it has been so much fun having him home every night. We have taken Jacob to different places to just have a few weekends of fun. We went to Chuck E. Cheese, bowling and took him to watch Despicable Me (very funny movie by the way). He goes on field trips during the week with school so he sure if having a fun summer. He is going to the Circus on Thursday so he is looking forward to that. He started swimming lessons yesterday at Houston Swim Club. He was so excited he wore his goggles all the way from our house to the Swim Club...it was so funny. He did great! At first he didn't want to put his head in the water but his teacher pushed his face under and after him struggling with her for a minute he finally listened to what she told him to do...I guess she got rid of his fear. He has swim lessons everyday for 2 weeks...sure is going to make the time fly by!!

On Friday I took Jacob to Petco and bought him a fish. Since I am still working on my case for Ruben to buy me an English Bulldog, a fish was the closest thing to us getting a pet right now. Jacob picked a red beta...his favorite color and named him Benny...yes Benny from The Sandlot...of course. He has remembered to feed it every morning and loves bringing his toys up to the fish bowl to show Benny. It's cute.
August 23 is fastly approaching and my son will be an official Kindergartner. We have already started school shopping! I found Chaps polo shirts at Kohl's for an amazing price of $9.00 each...I had to get them! So far he has 6 shirts ready for Kindergarten. We still have a lot more shopping to do but we will probably wait until the beginning of August to finish up...trust me I am in no hurry to send my son off to Kindergarten!! My dad gave Jacob some money to go school shopping and he handed it to Jacob & said here is $1.00 so you can buy some school supplies, Jacob gets it from my dad and says, "Papa...this is $100.00 not $1.00!!" that's my son! He knows his numbers. My dad tried to trick him but you can't get one past Jacob especially if it's money. We appreciated Papa & Nana's gift!!

No comments: